keithbar

Safire 1 / Safire 2. vs sabre 1 sabre 2

I kind of did a search .most of the stuff I could find on the Safire 1 vs safire 2 .was about the recovery arc. I have jumped a saber one a whole lot and a saber 2 a little. I know the Sabre one is truly rectangular whereas the saber two is slightly tapered semielliptical however you want to describe. Is it the same with the Safire 1 and 2 ? is a safire 1 a rectangle like a saber one? :)
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

thanks for the replies guys Matt do you remember if the slow openings were on heading? my crossfire opens nice and slowly and I have no problem with that but it's almost always spot on heading .the times I have jumped a saber 2 that was not the case.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I don't remember any off-heading issues really. But it was a long time ago. I do remember that I never even remotely considered cutting it away. I don't even think I ever had line twists on my Safire. Also as mentioned due to measuring differences my 189 was really more like a 175 using PD's measuring method. My Safire also had a mod to the control lines that made it even more snively. One of the riggers that's been around a while on here should be able to explain it more completely but I believe a couple of the upper inboard control lines were shortened on mine.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080