Timmeeh

PD Velocity Recovery arc? "The Sweet Spot"

Hey guys! :)
I just jumped into a Velocity (first owned x-braced) and have done about 35 jumps on it so far. Lovely canopy :)
Canopy Wing Load: 2.05
Turn: 450 degree
I feel a bit confused / frustrated about the recovery arc.

Every canopy I have jumped so far have told me when the exact best spot to be on when the canopy recovers - As there is pretty much no In-between!
The Velocity just keeps diving. Not that it is a problem - I am just trying to figure out where the sweet spot is to be able to have as much speed as possible :)

I guess I will find out after a lot of jumps. But I thought I would hear you guys opinion!

- How long do you want it to dive before giving input on rears?

Thanks!
Look mommi! Me jump out airplane! Wiiiii

Timmeeh

Hey guys! :)
I just jumped into a Velocity (first owned x-braced) and have done about 35 jumps on it so far. Lovely canopy :)
Canopy Wing Load: 2.05
Turn: 450 degree
I feel a bit confused / frustrated about the recovery arc.

Every canopy I have jumped so far have told me when the exact best spot to be on when the canopy recovers - As there is pretty much no In-between!
The Velocity just keeps diving. Not that it is a problem - I am just trying to figure out where the sweet spot is to be able to have as much speed as possible :)

I guess I will find out after a lot of jumps. But I thought I would hear you guys opinion!

- How long do you want it to dive before giving input on rears?

Thanks!

Find the spot in the dive where LIGHT pressure on the rears trims the canopy out to send you into your swoop just above the ground (aka powerband). Too much digging and you lose precious power in the corner and excessive digging could actually collapse your canopy. Bad news. It's all visual and comes with time. Just do it in baby steps. If you plane out a little high, let the canopy dive a little more on the next jump before applying the rears. If you try to do too much all at once, it's bouncy bounce time.

you should not jump velo if you ask this question. imho.

anyway, ask it [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/sofpidarf/]HERE[/url].

Don't worry. I am ready :) The more I get into a discussion about it - the less in doubt I will be. It's good to discuss even though it is common sense :)
I also had a lot of guidance from people 10 times more experienced than me. And it's pretty simple: Rear the massive power into those gates!
Look mommi! Me jump out airplane! Wiiiii

Do swoop beeps come pre set or do you set them yourself after opening high and working out how long you can hold front risers, how much altitude you lose, how long the recovery arc takes how much harness input are you able to do?

Just askin... 865ft is a ballsy guess for someone else's turn height...
Fordy

865ft for 450deg? Good attemt to get Darwin's award.

I'm doing 270 from 900ft.

in hawaii I was flying a velo 84,, I was starting my landing while still in the frkn airplane,, plus somedays I made over 20 jumps a day and worked on two islands,, a velo is a fun canopy,, but you better know what your doin,, 270 at 900 is closer to reality,,, it might sound crazy, but jumping into a velo as your first x brace canopy is not what I would advice personally, learning blind when the rnd was my bread and butter yrs ago is not helping, but bagging after a 9 tri cell light wing loading, after jump a pd elliptical 107, the jump numbers play big part in how other jumpers view the gear being used by others, 1000 jps is good..
But the platform from building different gear has changed only by sight of what we have discovered, , I had nearly five thousand jps before going on my first xbr high altitude hop & pop,, not to say all is done in high speed landy vill because of me, but
People put memories and standards in how the sport is developed, , if you move into an area of the sport that other have moved forward for you,, great,, , but if you say sweet spot to me about a velo landing,, and I respond to you with my reality on the same and then you go try it, with what ever your jump number, you might get killed,, its the fact that your speed is now up from your sight pictures, plus the canopies all out design change, , the other guy said, he is turning,, most people need 500 jumps or so before jumping an elliptical, , most pilots would stay there, , happy and comfortable and alive for thousands of jumps before changing, anything,,
I would not sell you that canopy,, whats the rush? ?

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -