danielcroft

PD's next canopy?

Speed-Flyer

Are you saying these canopies are in fact a schuemann planform or?

I guess my impression was that the concepts espoused by Schuemann were on a continuum, meaning that there's an ideal but progression towards that planform would yield maybe sub-optimal results until the ideal was reached?

On inflatable stabilizers, the anecdotal evidence I've heard is that wings with them feel more controlled and precise while turning but I don't have enough jumps on either to have my own opinion.

danielcroft

On inflatable stabilizers, the anecdotal evidence I've heard is that wings with them feel more controlled and precise while turning but I don't have enough jumps on either to have my own opinion.

Any other wings (than VK) have them?

skow

Any other wings (than VK) have them?Yes, Icarus Neos had them for about 6 years
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

So a couple of year pass and we now have two Schuemanny planform non-crossbraced canopies with inflatable stabilizers, the Tesla (Fluid Wings) and the X-Fire (Icarus). Seems odd that neither PD or NZ aerosports seem to be in a hurry to start down this path, any ideas what's going on?

Has anybody out there flow one of these and a Katana, I'd love to know how they stack up?

p.s. Pretty sure the crossfire 3 doesn't have these characteristics