jayrech

Heaviest National Competitor

Let's go with both. I'm interested in how the size of pilot influences the out come. This is obviously going to be a pretty squed bit of information. None the less, it's interesting. Skydiving hasn't really been a sport that the heavy weights would seem to have a place to shine. Nothing against the heavy people. My self I'm 270 before gear. It's just always been a sport that I have had to make some major adjustments in flying styles for free fall, and some plain acceptions regarding canopy piloting.
D.S 174.2

Be careful what you say. Some one might take it the right way.

Let me think. Past competitors I would probably have to put Hans Paulsen up there for the heaviest. I don't know the exact weight but he's a big boy. Current competitors I think Tommy Dellibac isn't fat he's just a BIG guy. Tall and wide bodied makes for a lot of weight. I think he is probably 220-230 w/o gear. Don't quote me on the exact weight. Also Greg Windmiller is also up there in the also. Both of the guys are pretty tall also. Big Boys go fast in C/P. I'm almost 200 w/o gear.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

My last nationals for CP was in 2010. I was 275-280 before gear and on a Velo 111. I have exited the sport but I started competing in powerlifting after that (and still do).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Rookie120

Damn! Big BOY! Off the top of your head you know how much Hans weighed in at?

I don't think Hans was all that heavy. He's not very tall, so even though he's a bigger guy he wouldn't tip the scales.

My guess currently would be Windmiller. He's pretty tall and built like a tank. He's also solid as a rock - lots of muscle mass.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Tommy Dellibac USA
Greg Windmiller USA
Albert Berchtold USA
Paul Rodriguez USA
Erwin Baatenburg de Jong NL
All four hover in the 250-260 exit weight. I have seen "fat guy binge eating" in the weeks preceding US Nationals or World Meets.

Hans Paulsen was on a whole other level. He was around a 290 exit weight.
Watch out for planters.

Cliff Harris (The Colonel!) from VA was a big boy. Luke Aikens is used to be substantially heavier than he is now as I recall it. Big Steve Hasseman in GA used to be very big. Eric Butts was like 280 out the door. Sonic was a big boy. Hans Paulson is lighter than all of those guys.

SkymonkeyONE

Cliff Harris (The Colonel!) from VA was a big boy. Luke Aikens is used to be substantially heavier than he is now as I recall it. Big Steve Hasseman in GA used to be very big. Eric Butts was like 280 out the door. Sonic was a big boy. Hans Paulson is lighter than all of those guys.

At my last nationals meet I was 305 out the door.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."