raymod2

AADs and swooping

Because to have this done legally would mean that a Master rigger had to do the work after getting field approval from the FSDO and submitted test documentation and drawings showing that the changes do no impact the function of the device and container. This would mean that Airtec or AAD would have had to actually supply info to use for the 337 form that needed to be submitted. Field rigging with out proper testing has lead to issues in the past and without having Airtec/AAD approval that moving this does not impact their units at all and that they would be covered under the same certifications.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

It had software issues too. My friend had video of a 2 out caused by an Astra fire after ~ 1 min of canopy time, during a 360 degree toggle turn at 1500 feet.

The other big problem wasn't that they were too easy to turn off, it was that you had to turn them off. People forgot often and killed the batteries and ended up with a dead rig they had to pop the reserve on to swap out the batteries on.

PhreeZone

Because to have this done legally would mean that a Master rigger had to do the work after getting field approval from the FSDO and submitted test documentation and drawings showing that the changes do no impact the function of the device and container. This would mean that Airtec or AAD would have had to actually supply info to use for the 337 form that needed to be submitted. Field rigging with out proper testing has lead to issues in the past and without having Airtec/AAD approval that moving this does not impact their units at all and that they would be covered under the same certifications.

I may have been unclear. I wasn't suggesting an overzealous swooper / rigger team take this on themselves but the manufacturers. Special order maybe. AAD manufacturers offer the equipment and container manufacturers provide the routing via omfgimgoingsofast.swooping.com

projectalarum

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you increase the speed/altitude at which the Vigil is set to fire at?

I was wrong, you can adjust the offset altitude, but cannot change the firing speed. There is mention in the manual that some units can contain "experimental firmware" which could indicate that it's possible to attain one from Vigil with a different speed setting....