alefolgore

flare a sabre1 150, is possible?

hello.
after 10 years of inactivity, I start to jump again.
10 years ago I landed doing the 180 very low with the command, and so quickly did a flare.

pulling on the rear risers today I'm trying to land with the flare.
but it seems that my sabre1 150 (I'm 75kg) does not respond, every landing is with my ass on the ground :-(

what technique should I use to land correctly with a flare with my old sailing? is possible to do a flare with back risers in safety?

best regards

Using rears is not flaring, it changes the trim of the canopy. You can easily level out using rears but flaring (breaking) should be done with your steering lines. Even a 62 crossbraced canopy pilot finishes his 1080* swoop with toggles (mostly ;) ) Also if you time the use of your rears not correctly there is not much power left for your toggles--> bad flare
If you still experience the bad flare during a normal full flight landing approach get someone to check your line trims. Depending on the number of jumps on your sabre 1 and its lines they could be pretty much be the reason behind your buttsliding =) Of course when practiced up high a rear riser landing can be done safely but first get your linetrim checked by your rigger to make sure, it's not the canopy, that is in doubt here :P

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

IMHO flaring your canopy with your rear risers is one of the basic skills you should know e.g. before downsizing. In case e.g. if your steering line breaks (e.g. below 200 when using reserve is not really an option)

skow

IMHO flaring your canopy with your rear risers is one of the basic skills you should know e.g. before downsizing. In case e.g. if your steering line breaks (e.g. below 200 when using reserve is not really an option)

IMHO that is not the very first thing to demonstrate on the first jump on a new wing. :S

I guess you can add more rotation and do low-ish 360.

:S:S:S

I jumped sabre1 150 for like 25 jumps, while my other canopy was being relined.

What I remembered was, it opened like a brick and flew like brick, specially with non-existing rear riser authority compared to Katana 150 that I was jumping at the time.

Unless you are trolling, you sound like you are about to be digging into the ground, I hope someone at the dz will give you guidance.

Bernie Sanders for President 2016

im jumping a sabre1 150sqf im 60kg has really good flare....as for the rest yeh flies like a brick is a about right...very docile canopy which is good for some people also flies good evan in line twist while your kicking out:S

FTMC