Sakeryzf

New Prototype NZ Aerosports 'Petra-lite'

Doug_Davis

I claim newbie ignorance.:$

:) The Storm comment caught me by surprise!

First... as far as I can see this is still a concept canopy. While it may end up as something you can buy, for now it is in the early stages.

Second- the marketing line with this seems like it is positioning this wing the same way as they positioned the JFX after the summer of love. Something to the effect of- a canopy for experienced elliptical pilots who want more, but don't want to go all out with a JVX> try the JFX. Cross braced, higher performance than their non Xbrace line, but not at the edge like the JVX at the time. I wasn't surprised to see them posting this one and positioning it similarly.

Just to catch up and reply to a few questions.

Petra- lite can be used with a full RDS without any problems at terminal.

Also i'd like to clarify that Petra can also be used terminal, with a full RDS and 300 lines, 90% of our comp jumpers ( including Nick) are happy to use her in this configuration. In fact she opens nicer than any other canopy i've ever owned.

We have collected a vast amount of feed back from a lot of our sponsored jumpers about Petra-lite and are quite confident at this stage with the platform. We are currently tweaking the design for an anticipated release.

Chris

piisfish

is it me (or the colors), but is the profile much "thicker" than on a regular Petra ?

Hey, yes the frontal area is larger ,this was the very first prototype we made in the Petra-lite project, we discovered a few things about this platform and refined the design a little more and came up with the next prototype in the series. I'll post a few photos of her later on. :-)

Chris.

Sakeryzf

OK so here she is ;

This summer we’ve been experimenting with a brand new series of prototypes! We’ve nicknamed this version Petra Lite.

She’s a 7-cell (21-chamber) crossbraced performance wing designed using Petra technology and shaping, and to date we’ve made several iterations.

Standby for more news, photos and the normal carnage videos from our exciting new R&D project!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like!

Cheers

Chris.

Is that Calamity Chris flying it?? Well, then any bloke could jump it!

Jump more, post less!

As promised, here is the 2nd prototype we designed after learning a thing or two from Bridget. Over all this canopy was much less twitchy and performance was incredible from the very beginning.... But we weren't done yet ;-)

Here's a few pics of us playing around at 'work' :-D

Sakeryzf

As promised, here is the 2nd prototype we designed after learning a thing or two from Bridget. Over all this canopy was much less twitchy and performance was incredible from the very beginning.... But we weren't done yet ;-)

Here's a few pics of us playing around at 'work' :-D

Just send me a 169 and I'll help you get the last bugs out of it
Ian Purvis
http://www.loadupsoftware.com
LoadUp DZ Management App
[email protected]

http://vimeo.com/89085167

Meet our second prototype Candy! She's our latest audition for Petra's 7-cell sister.
She's less curvaceous than the bodacious Bridget, but she's way more sleek and sexy.
The Petra Project Episode II: The ZP 7-cell version of Petra is being designed for pilots with hundreds of jumps on highly loaded crossbraced canopies. It's a canopy for everyday, but not for everyone. The goal is for it to out-perform every other ZP canopy on the market, but have the low pack-volume and longevity of ZP (rather than competition specific sail canopies).

Dayum!!!

westcoastSD

http://vimeo.com/89085167

Meet our second prototype Candy! She's our latest audition for Petra's 7-cell sister.
She's less curvaceous than the bodacious Bridget, but she's way more sleek and sexy.
The Petra Project Episode II: The ZP 7-cell version of Petra is being designed for pilots with hundreds of jumps on highly loaded crossbraced canopies. It's a canopy for everyday, but not for everyone. The goal is for it to out-perform every other ZP canopy on the market, but have the low pack-volume and longevity of ZP (rather than competition specific sail canopies).

Dayum!!!

Cheers :) enjoy the video! Chris