emmett751

Fruits of my labor

I've been working my butt off to get more dialed and really grow and learn in this discipline. I've had some excellent coaching and continue to work with him regularly to constantly improve, learn and grow. Here are a few of some of my better ones throughout my training. Please offer constructive criticism if you have it, im an information whore.

Yellow and black canopy: KA107 [email protected]
Green/white/silver/black: KA 97 [email protected] (i just got it still dialing it in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZSRDJJCyZM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8tQG9AX3Rk&feature=youtu.be

edit: dont know why they didnt hyperlink sorry about that.

emmett751
you need to click the "url" button, paste link and click the "/url" button :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Zlew

Thanks! Totally missed the WL's.

Hard for me to judge altitude with all of the different field of views from different cameras people jump. I would have guessed way off on yours.

I found it hard to tell a difference between the two videos myself, looks the same to my eye as well, i blame the GO Pros wide angle lens.

emmett751

WL's are listed above, initation is 680' on my 107 and 800' on the 97.

For the 107 are you riding double fronts down to 680' and initiating the turn at 680'? The ground shadow suggests additional information - it look like you let up the riser at 180deg so do you finish the last 90deg on harness? And then it seems you are on rear risers as you complete the 270deg.

Thanks for the vids, I enjoyed them.
Rich M

I am pretty sure this isn't a coaching site. but if you want opinions and more comments on the way it was performed I would recommend you to have outside video about 50 ft past the gates and 50 feet perpendicular also, make sure they tape all.the way from before you do your set up, since it is pretty important to all ays fly a predictable pattern specially when you are swooping.

Pablo.Moreno

I am pretty sure this isn't a coaching site....

But it is "A forum for swoopers and anyone who wants to hone their canopy control skills.".

Seems to me that is what the OP is trying to do.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

My thoughts:

A)You spend a lot of time on double fronts before any rotation
B)Your rotation seems to be rather fast

Now Im not saying what you are doing is necessarily wrong. Im just afraid that long double fronts like that with 270 rotation might make it more difficult to hit your gates precisely.

Basically your not really leaving much room for adjusting the speed of rotation any faster at the end with this technique. So in order to hit the gates AND come out of the dive at the right altitude, you would need to start the long double fronts always at the right altitude, and always know visually how much distance you are going to travel before you start rotating above the target area. IMO you dont need to make it so complex.

My choice would be to use less double fronts in the beginning and slow down that rotation a bit. I personally would feel this would make my accuracy better and my setup wouldnt have to be so precisely at the right altitude to start with.

Not sure how katana flys differently from velo but being someone who jumps velocity seems like you rolling out on a lower end. After the turn you quickly go on the rears and start to pull out of the dive. Maybe it's just camera angle.
Like long doubles, I would start higher, slow down a tad bit the rotation so after the last kick you have more time in a dive before starting to recover instead of pulling it out on the rears. Nice downwinders always make you feel good. And stand up the landings, come one man.

Turn looks good, if your consistent with that turn in the videos you could start working on flying a lane, then adding a gate to that lane.
If your looking to get a little more speed from the turn you could try changing the turn rates a bit.
I like to think of the 270 as being double fonts for a similar time to what you do already leading into a wide 180 tightening into a snap 90.
The canopy will be steeper at the end of the turn, and will lose more height in the recovery, it should give an increase in max airspeed tho.
If the same turn rate it's maintained throughout the turn, I find the recovery are to be a bit flat.

You missed the pond. Crazy

Ouch! But very funny! ;)

To bad Elsinore does not want to be a premiere drop zone anymore.

They are very touchy with any canopy coaching, yet they allow high performance landings over the dirt, only coaching available is B license check offs. all in all a bad recipe and shame on the dz for the lack of training people to become better pilots considering every jump ends safely with a landing.

Good work Nate keep it up

and to a poster a while above, those are katanas not velos

jjudd

You missed the pond. Crazy

Ouch! But very funny! ;)

To bad Elsinore does not want to be a premiere drop zone anymore.

They are very touchy with any canopy coaching, yet they allow high performance landings over the dirt, only coaching available is B license check offs. all in all a bad recipe and shame on the dz for the lack of training people to become better pilots considering every jump ends safely with a landing.

Good work Nate keep it up

and to a poster a while above, those are katanas not velos

Ditto fucking whittoooooo!!!

So, while at the sunpath open, i got a metric TON of advice from alot of the really good guys in our sport. I am coming home with a ton on my mind and a lot to work on. I just wanted to throw a shout out to the guys that helped a ton, Ian, Jared, Justin, Yuri, Paul thanks a ton you guys rock. As for the critisims on here thank you for the positive feedback, i was made aware of somethings i was doing (that I was unaware of) that i will be focusing on and cleaning up. I have some high pulls in my future to take what i've been told and apply it before i take it to the ground, again thanks for your support i appreciate it.