Maxx

Czech federal aviation administration bans swooping as a sport

http://prag-aktuell.cz/video/tschechisches-luftfahrtamt-stoppt-swooping-canopy-piloting/25092013-2481

According to this article the czech federal aviation administration bans swooping completly in the Czech Republic because of the recent 4 fatalities in only 3 months. I can only find one in the Incidents forum, maybe someone who is familar with the situation can chime in here? I didn't know that the aviation administration rules over such things. Is there no skydiving association in the Czech Republic who deals with this?

Here is a longer article which states, that they ban ALL swooping jumps:

Als Konsequenz aus den tragischen Vorfällen hat das Amt für zivile Luftfahrt alle Absprünge in der gefährlichen Disziplin untersagt. Das Verbot gelte seit dem heutigen Mittwoch bis auf Widderruf.

http://prag-aktuell.cz/nachrichten/canopy-piloting-drei-monaten-vier-tote-fallschirmspringer-tschechien-25092013-2480

RichM

***:S
best ban anything that 'can' kill then .... cars, cigarettes etc....

Statistically most people die in their sleep, clearly a sleeping is a ridiculously dangerous activity that should be banned urgently

;);)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I know the dropzone where at least 2 of the 4 incidents occured. The dropzones is close the the German border and as "safety rules" in the Czech Republic at least at this specific dropzone are not as strict as in Germany lots of people go there to skydive without any form of supervision and of course do stuff which they would definitely not be allowed to do at a dropzone with at least a little bit of safety concerns. Predictably this results in lots of accidents - and as it happened in the last few months some of them even fatal.
The new regulation (if rumor or not) anyhow is not going to change anything (IMHO) as I just can't imagine who should control the swooping restriction.
Nice words are not always true - and true words are not always nice.

In this thread see my previous posts.

there are talks about putting up a system for downsizing, as a lot of European countries have. That's all.

I've spoken with 2 people, both involved in this process. The press got it wrong. As usual.

ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

ianmdrennan

In this thread see my previous posts.

there are talks about putting up a system for downsizing, as a lot of European countries have. That's all.

I've spoken with 2 people, both involved in this process. The press got it wrong. As usual.

ian

Gotcha.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

chuckakers

***In this thread see my previous posts.

ian

Gotcha.

yeah it helps to read the whole thread before posting. you think with all your experience chuck you would know that. you must have been busy talking down to people.