emmett751

Chupacabra RDS

So i did a search and haven't been able to find anything on the Chupacabra RDS, I have one so I thought i would write up a review.

The system is built by Jojo (pronounced yoyo) the rigger at Skydive SanDiego under his company Thrill Inc.
The lead time is very short, 3 weeks i believe and working with Jojo was a pleasure.

First off the RDS rings themselves are smaller that anything else i've used before, very well machined and sturdy, the slider also is well built and very stout. Hooking the system back up is a breeze and a 30 second affair. When under tension the cutaway cords are locked into the RDS rings and provide a very secure connection. Over all I'm very happy with the system, its simple easy to use and less of a pin in the butt to hook back up than the UPT or PD RDS's. Take a look www.thrill-inc.com

Apologies... How does it compare with other RDS systems out there. Ease of use, price, compatibility etc.
I've just ordered one (para-concept) after doing well pretty much zero research then happened on this thread.
Post purchase the systems I've looked at NZaerosports, Para-concepts, Chupacabra seem to be keenly priced with the Look Ma coming in the cheapest:$:$:$

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Went with para-concepts purely because that as i understand is what NZaerosports base their design on. (JVX=huge slider:D )
Emailed aerosports for price but was in a hurry so ordered one from para-concepts, as i say zippo research on my part and very little in the way of dicussion as to whats considered 'Best' ease of use, issues etc.

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

trigger

Went with para-concepts purely because that as i understand is what NZaerosports base their design on. (JVX=huge slider:D )
Emailed aerosports for price but was in a hurry so ordered one from para-concepts, as i say zippo research on my part and very little in the way of dicussion as to whats considered 'Best' ease of use, issues etc.

"zippo research" haha, i'm sure it will all work out. Thousand ways to skin a cat, isn't that what they say.

I had the lanyard connection points rip off of my para-concepts RDS. After some research, I found that a few others have had the same problem.

Other than that, I works pretty well.

I suggest removing the connection points and adding new ones. Just my .02 might save you having to buy a new d-bag and pilot chute

shropshire

Would it matter if they didn't and the rings stayed at the Slink/bumper? they wouldn't be in the way and the slider would be in your pocket.... just trying to visualise things.

constantly bouncing around and rubbing on the lines does not seem like a great idea to me
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

justme12001

I had the lanyard connection points rip off of my para-concepts RDS. After some research, I found that a few others have had the same problem.

Other than that, I works pretty well.

I suggest removing the connection points and adding new ones. Just my .02 might save you having to buy a new d-bag and pilot chute

i bought a slightly used para concepts RDS and had one of the lanyards come off. i just had my rigger bartack back on and bartack the other one too.
other than that no problems with my para-concept RDS.