cdhezel

groundlaunching a Stiletto ???

Well I have done some soaring on a crossfire 109, I do not define that as speed-flying. You can certainly turn in adequate winds on a parachute.

I consider speed flying to ride 'down' the terrain like you would on skis, not back up it... Not sure there is an official definition so I guess it is open to interpretation.

You certainly can soar on a speed wing, also on a parachute, a para glider and a hang glider...

stayhigh

Agreed you can pick up used bullet for less than 500 bucks ill bet.

Since there is such a small market for speedwing, it is expensive to buy new one and you never get the price back when you sell em.

A few years back, I built four entire GL rigs on old skydiving gear for not much more than 500 bucks.

GL with a Stiletto is comparable dangerous to skydiving. It might not be the safest possible option, but not everyone drives a Volvo.

If you want the BEST gear, or just better gear, buy a speed wing.

If you just want to get off the damn ground and you have an old Stilletto... strap it on and have some fun. You'll be fine if you launch in the right conditions.
Don't let the fact that I sound like I think that I know what I'm talking about fool you. I know that I don't know what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgm7AMJQ314

Good example of launching a stiletto at a suitable hill. For that particular hill, I would rather wanna fly stiletto, or rather fly GLX.

I would fly skydiving wing on that hill vs speedwing.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016