ridebmxbikes

fun stuff to do

Ok Im bored and figured id try to make a fun thread.

I've started attempting barrel rolls where I dive the canopy, flair out and raise a toggle all while trying maintain speed and wow I've never been so high above my canopy!

So my question is... What are some other fun and crazy things to do while you're all high n stuff?

ridebmxbikes

Holy cow batman! That's an awesome video! I don't think a striving canopy can do that though. But what's this helicopter spin with the rears?

It may not be the same one that I know, but the helicopter I know of is:

One front riser to start a diving turn. I usually go 90-180­°. Let up and immediate opposite rear riser. Your momentum will give you a pretty good aggresive snap.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

linebckr83

***Holy cow batman! That's an awesome video! I don't think a striving canopy can do that though. But what's this helicopter spin with the rears?

One front riser to start a diving turn. I usually go 90-180­°. Let up and immediate opposite rear riser. Your momentum will give you a pretty good aggresive snap.

On very stable square canopies you can have one side stalled (flying backwards), and the other side in deep brakes flying forward.
This makes the canopy turn around its own axis.

ridebmxbikes

Holy cow batman! That's an awesome video! I don't think a striving canopy can do that though. But what's this helicopter spin with the rears?

You'll shoot your eye out kid.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Maxx

Helicopter w/ rears!

These are fun on toggles and rears. Just make sure you have a fairly docile canopy and do them above your decision altitude because line twists can occur.

Perform a low speed stall, then right when you are about to stall and rock backwards, keep one toggle buried all the way and raise the other one up. The more you raise that toggle the faster it will heli, but it will be harder to keep it going and control it. They are easier to control on rears, but are fun on toggles too.

diablopilot

***Holy cow batman! That's an awesome video! I don't think a striving canopy can do that though. But what's this helicopter spin with the rears?

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

Lol... Klassic :D
"You'll shoot your eye out kid"

linebckr83

Dont do that with a Stiletto:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

shropshire

Paraglider Helicopter manouver

Hah, I did a paraglider tandem during Ekstremsportveko in Voss Norway, and we did that maneuver. Awesome B|

Back on the ground, other TMs came questioning, they thougt I had a good number of previous paraglider tandems already. No man, this was her first...

Wow, dude, ...

But she's a skydiver!

That seemed to explain everything :ph34r:

ciel bleu,
Saskia

shropshire

B|B|B|B|

So glad that you enjoyed it ..... I love my P.G so much

Yes that was good fun. I was going for a hang-glider tandem but they all were busy with the competitions, and I only had a couple of hours before having to take the ferry. So I got myself a PG tandem.

We were *supposed* to fly a brand new canopy but ended up with one that didn't look quite so HP and the thing had a *zipper*. So you could make the wingload higher by zipping a couple of cells together :S

How's that for a feature? Maybe we could use it on big student canopies for the featherweights: just lose 2 cells on demand :D

I didn't have all that much faith in my PG TM, as first he made me leave all my stuff below then found out I didn't bring my wallet for the ski-lift, and also didn't bring anything warmer than a t-shirt because he didn't tell me to when i still had access to my stuff :S plus my helmet was way too big too so during the helicopter I had to use one hand to keep my helmet (and with it my sunglasses) on... When he told me to run off that mountain and to keep running until no more mountain was left, I did, which seemed to surprise him :S.

Hmz, maybe I should have asked some kind of credentials other than him knowing our local skydiving PG instructor. It all seemed kinda wish-washy in hindsight, but the ride was good fun :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia