matt3sa

Velocity is awesome.... What else is?

I've thoroughly explored my Velocity. I love it. I can't help but wonder what other x-braced swooping canopies I am missing out on. For those of you that are versed in a variety of different high performance x-braced canopies, tell me what I should check out and why. I miss the enjoyment of exploring a new canopy.

I like cake, I love it. I've eaten a lot of cake, and I can't help but wonder what else is good besides cake. For those of you that are versed in variety of foods, tell me what I'd like besides cake. Maybe search, or at least some specificity in my questions?

cube

I like cake, I love it. I've eaten a lot of cake, and I can't help but wonder what else is good besides cake. For those of you that are versed in variety of foods, tell me what I'd like besides cake. Maybe search, or at least some specificity in my questions?

Damn! and i thought i trolled hard :D

I left it very open ended so that I could hear some suggestions. I don't want to know specifics about canopy flight characteristics. It was pretty straight forward. What canopies have you liked most aside from the Velocity and why? I'm trying to decide where I want to spend my next 100 dollars for a 2 week demo.

And guys I know it's extremely complex to reply to an open ended question like the one that I asked..... lol.... but if you don't care for the topic or lack the intelligence or maturity to interpret the English language then do the moderators and the community a favor and don't waste your time replying.

I have flew a Velo and a JVX (currently flying a JVX)

The JVX is a fun canopy as well, maybe it doesn't feel as aggressive in the turns like the velocity does, but it is a fun canopy to fly. I get great swoops out of both with just a harness 90, turning them high and still have plenty of power.

I would like to try out a JFX and a Xaos, but I havent had the chance.

- Velocity competion: Better on backrisers then the standard Velo
- JVX Full sail
Both very nice X-braced canopies to fly with!

Owend 2 Velocities 90ft²
Fly with the competition Velocity now (VC90) and a JVX 74 full sail.

If you're interested, try some of the smaller speed flying canopies.

It's a completely different flying style - large amounts of harness and tiny amounts of toggle to create a massive roll component, but with a ludicrously short recovery arc.

It's a hell of lot of fun, but does require the maturity to approach it as a new discipline. Just because you can swoop or fly velos doesn't necessarily transfer... If you're looking for the enjoyment of relearning to fly new gear (like I do!), i think you'll like it.

I absolutely love my Sensei. I get great openings and awesome swoops.
The recovery arc is a little shorter than the Velo but it will dive as long as I want to hold the front risers down. Brian made me an awesome canopy.
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Pablo.Moreno

I have flew a Velo and a JVX (currently flying a JVX)

The JVX is a fun canopy as well, maybe it doesn't feel as aggressive in the turns like the velocity does, but it is a fun canopy to fly. I get great swoops out of both with just a harness 90, turning them high and still have plenty of power.

Flying a JVX with only 535 jumps and only doing 90s. Lol, troll, surely...
Rich M

All canopies are awesome, just make your bed and lie in it.

Point being the more you jump something the more intune you will become with your choice.... being intune with something is awesome, but it takes time.

Felt very much intune with Crossfires learning to become intune with the JVX i have now and my choice could have easily been a Velo or a Xaos.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

RichM

***I have flew a Velo and a JVX (currently flying a JVX)

Or I just don't update my profile every week

Flying a JVX with only 535 jumps and only doing 90s. Lol, troll, surely...

Own VC84 love it, had a VE90 before that. But a fair amount of jumps on a friends JVX74, XAOS 84, JFX 90.

Enjoyed all of them, prefer either the JVX or VC personally.

VC @2.2-2.6 - better overall than the same sized VE IMHO, openings, rear response etc.. Super fast, light ish fronts, dives for days, fast.

JVX @ 2.5- Loved the flight characteristics, rears for DAYS!, openings at terminal are not as good as the VC (again opinion), turn it lower than the VC for sure little freaky at first.

Xaos @2.3- Fun just not as fun as the other. Openings are beautiful sub and full terminal, shallow recovery (comparatively), stable.

JFX @2.0- not my cup of tea, opened great, heavy fronts, shallow.

I love my JVX and would encourage you to try one.

If you are feeling adventourus try a Scirocco. There's a long thread about it here and while it does have interesting openings (you must use rears) everyone I've spoken to that has one really liked it. It's also cheap ;)

http://www.skylarkparachutes.com/en/scirocco/

emmett751

Own VC84 love it, had a VE90 before that. But a fair amount of jumps on a friends JVX74, XAOS 84, JFX 90.

Enjoyed all of them, prefer either the JVX or VC personally.

VC @2.2-2.6 - better overall than the same sized VE IMHO, openings, rear response etc.. Super fast, light ish fronts, dives for days, fast.

JVX @ 2.5- Loved the flight characteristics, rears for DAYS!, openings at terminal are not as good as the VC (again opinion), turn it lower than the VC for sure little freaky at first.

Xaos @2.3- Fun just not as fun as the other. Openings are beautiful sub and full terminal, shallow recovery (comparatively), stable.

JFX @2.0- not my cup of tea, opened great, heavy fronts, shallow.

How much you weigh, you only jumping one years seems like pretty small