Bloomin0nion12

Slider placement on Hop n Pops

Years ago, a fellow jumper was packing and realized that he had forgotten to take his slider back up the lines and packed it in the chute. Since we were doing hop-n-pops to do CRW we told him we thought it would be OK since base jumpers packed their sliders down. As I approached him to dock as Pin on the stack I heard him screaming that his shoes had been knocked off by the opening and his back was killing him. He didn't jump for 6 weeks. We learned a lot from this.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Bloomin0nion12

Yes, I thought it would not be a wise idea, but I thought I would ask on here before i ask at my dz, better to look like an idiot on here than in person.
I might look in to the slider collapsed idea, like mentioned on the thread, might as a local rigger about this too.
:$

Thanks for finding the "balls " to ask here,.... :)

At least you asked, way too many don't even make this effort!!

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

I was feeling like it was taking forever to get under canopy on hop and pops, so I made and installed a bigger PC. Problem solved. Faster snatch, no trailing PC, and if you just tap your risers from the outside in, just slap them, it'll snap it open.... Be careful, just a tap. If you start pulling them while it's sniveling it'll hurt.

Have fun, play around, be safe, talk to a couple riggers and pick their brains.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

grue

My personal policy:

Never leave my rig in a configuration I wouldn't be willing to jump the next day. A good friend of mine had a terminal reserve ride because at the end of the day he used to stow his hackey inside the BOC pouch. He'd thrown his rig into the trunk because he thought he was done, and then got talked into one more jump.

40 minutes later (yay Cessnas) he reached for a hackey that wasn't there and had to pull silver.

Another thing your friend was not used to do (and I bet now changed) was a proper gear check at least once in those 40 minutes. :)
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

So you get the point not to mess with the slider. :S A good idea I do like is to route my risers outside the riser covers for hop-n-pops. It's less wear on the rig and gives me cleaner airflow for canopy piloting. It's simple to just stow them if needed in the plane or to put back in the gear bag.:ph34r: