emmett751

swoop ponds in SOCAL?

Only Sacramento at the time being. Socal is not on the homefront of pushing canopy piloting anytime soon.

However you can still do high performance turns in the designated swoop are at Elsinore for the time being.

jjudd

Only Sacramento at the time being. Socal is not on the homefront of pushing canopy piloting anytime soon.

However you can still do high performance turns in the designated swoop are at Elsinore for the time being.

The So Cal swoopers should pony up and buy a 182. Go out to the desert and dig a pond or three by an old airstrip. Start a Swoop School, hold comps and have fun.

sac is a very long drive for me and my coach. I just don't seem to understand, I know having one is a liability, but how do the east coast dz's get away with it?

Its not getting away with it at all.

The problem is elsinore and perris are big dz's catering to tandem business and large events. Bad publicity greatly effects their business and there were enough incidents in minimal amount of time to make it easy to say were done. On top of that add the investigations that follow and continued time consumption by lawyers.

That said High performance landings aren't going away anytime soon. And I've seen equally as many incidents from a 90 in the main at both dz's.

But I will attest that now I hardly see anyone trying big turns(that shouldnt be), though still they are allowed where the pond once was. Now you only see the people that are serious over there. The pond wasnt so much of a i need to do a big turn as it was a target of fixation that resulted in alot of low turns and impacts for the non coached and people trying to swoop fixated on the water. Simply moving it out along ways away from the main would have greatly helped the situation to make it no longer a target of fixation and "im cool swooping the pond location".

The trip to train where you have a pond though long (for me 8hrs+ to sac) is worthwhile. For competitors no pond makes zone accuracy and distance really hard to train, additionally there is no margin for error on the lake elsinore concrete dirt.

jjudd

sac is a very long drive for me and my coach. I just don't seem to understand, I know having one is a liability, but how do the east coast dz's get away with it?

Its not getting away with it at all.

The problem is elsinore and perris are big dz's catering to tandem business and large events. Bad publicity greatly effects their business and there were enough incidents in minimal amount of time to make it easy to say were done. On top of that add the investigations that follow and continued time consumption by lawyers.

That said High performance landings aren't going away anytime soon. And I've seen equally as many incidents from a 90 in the main at both dz's.

But I will attest that now I hardly see anyone trying big turns(that shouldnt be), though still they are allowed where the pond once was. Now you only see the people that are serious over there. The pond wasnt so much of a i need to do a big turn as it was a target of fixation that resulted in alot of low turns and impacts for the non coached and people trying to swoop fixated on the water. Simply moving it out along ways away from the main would have greatly helped the situation to make it no longer a target of fixation and "im cool swooping the pond location".

The trip to train where you have a pond though long (for me 8hrs+ to sac) is worthwhile. For competitors no pond makes zone accuracy and distance really hard to train, additionally there is no margin for error on the lake elsinore concrete dirt.

Well said and thank you for the input, helps shed a different light on the subject.

yeah still sucks that we cant get a pond back down here right now but to understand both sides for me took along time. The only reason I do is from actually talking to the dzo to have the full understanding of why what happened happened. And it makes sense.

Some day I would like to hope we will again have a venue in socal with a pond to train. For now just a high performance area is good.

I can say it is probable it would be at a new dz however, as it will be along time before perris or elsinore have another pond if it ever happens

try this, that running a business isnt as simple as all of us think. I still think we should have a pond, thats not going to change anything. no one cares about your opinion unless your important and still with that you need to influence that important decision

And yes there is some importance to money because if it isnt there then there will be no drop zone, without it we couldnt jump, have a home, car, gas etc. simple as that

unfortunately in america today the vast majority of decisions are based on whats best for the business, ie profits and good publicity, not the end users and workers. Again not something we can change at our level.

Its going to take someone with alot of money and no care to burn it to change that dynamic in any business