base_eagle

Tips/input on packing a zp 86 jvx...

I would like to slow my openings on my jvx 86 all zp material...at terminal it opens like a freight train...sub terminal are not so bad but really positive...the openings have been on heading...any input?...thanks

You have checked that it has the right size slider?
It has happened before that canopies are delivered with the wrong size slider (or it being turned 90 degrees).

don't try to put the ears over where the stablizer would be. this may sound weird but just put the ears, inside the canopy.
hard to explain but quater out and expose the tail part and nose part of the slider out and to catch air, but the side ears put them flush inside.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Do you have a JVX with or without stabilisers?
Is it a normal slider or RDS slider?
How do you pack it now? Nose? Slider? Tail? S-Folds?
Is it turning or opening odd? End cells first
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

don't try to put the ears over where the stablizer would be. this may sound weird but just put the ears, inside the canopy.
hard to explain but quater out and expose the tail part and nose part of the slider out and to catch air, but the side ears put them flush inside.

I disagree with this. I always quarter the slider making sure the "ears" are out and the end cells are down. This ensures that the slider will catch all of the air as the canopy is pulled out of the d-bag. That's what they're there for. If one side of your bottom skin is catching air before the other it would seem more likely for the canopy to start twisting up. I've been on JVXs for 7 or 8 years (80 zp, 84 hybrid, 90 & 96 zp) and have had great openings on all of them doing it this way... RDS or stock slider.

Make sure the grommets are on the slider stops.

If your JVX does not have stabilisers the rear slider stops will be much lower down than usual.The slider should be massive.

I do not even flake mine much of the time, I simply shake it, quarter the slider ( this is where I put my fist right down the middle on the pack job to get the slider right down in there.

Make sure the ears of the slider sit so they stop air flowing into the pack job and onto the bottom skin.

Not having the grommets sitting on the stop will cause slider rebound = hard opening. I think I have had only one of these in a what must be over 1500 JVX openings.

the air rushing into the pack job by not positioning the slider (and ears) will cause a hard and uneven pack job...

I reckon you are getting slider rebound.

When you bring your tail up to wrap the pack job, use a very light 'karate chop' action to make sure the slider is on the stops at the rear of the pack job...

Just my opinion...