gaz511

JVX question

Don't know about "New" however. The JVX is a 27-cell elliptical cross braced Tri-cell with upgrades like a new nose modification, improved trim, longer lines, no stabilizers and HMA lines are standard.
Don't know if the above are tweaks from when then canopy was first released.

Unlike the original JVX that used a special designed slider our latest version uses a standard slider size of 29 X 24 inches with a new upper brake line configuration!

Edited to add the above paragraph T.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Yes, they are testing out a new JVX with 'petra' technology. i think it is caled the JVX Beta. the have done he same with the JFX last year. i dont know wht the new JVX is like, i have heard very good things. and i have jumped the old JFX and the new JFX beta, and it has vastly improved the canopy.
Hope it will have done the same for the JVX. if so, i think i would rather a JVX beta than a oetra.
Liam Davies

Nah mate- wouldn't worry if I were you. Just like PD, Icarus are always testing stuff out down here, always tinkering and pottering around....They don't and won't release anything untill it has been thoroughly tested...sometimes that takes up to two years. The Petra being a case in point. They took a while before releasing the JVX and very recently the JFX, and right now anyone who jumps them (esp the JFX) will probably agree that they will be around for a long while, simply because they score so high in every parameter and therefore pointless to improve on the current designs...

I have about 800 jumps on one of the original JVX Designs, manufactured in 2006 (all Zero-P), and 350 hma lines, and I'm very happy with it.

I'm sure any newer releases will be as good or better (released canopies not Beta = Petra).

By the way the original desing had no stabs, partially closed nose, 27 Cells, etc......I saw nothing in the earlier comments other than slider size and perhaps line trim changing, that would make it different from mine.

Either way I'm extremely happy with my old JVX and the performance of the wing is still impressive to me even after 800 jumps. I'm not finding myself wanting or needing any more performance than I currently have. That being said I'm a beer line swooper with no interest in competing, I just love HP canopy flight.

IF you always wait for the next best thing............you'll always be waiting. Try looking for a used JVX and save yourself some money. Which is what you have done.