axelandr

Canopy coaching in Lodi

Re-posting this as my prior post on the same subject didn't really generate much in Safety and Training / maybe you guys are able to help me out :)
-------------

I was wondering if someone knows about ppl offering to do personalized canopy coaching in Lodi?

If so, please feel free to point me in the right direction, either by replying here or sending me a PM.

Looking to do a 50-100 jumps progression guided by someone knowledgeable enough to give me some proper input on canopy control and introduction to high-speed landings..

I already know about TJ, but I'm currently checking out the possibilities for a 3-4 week stint across the pond later this summer and would like as many alternatives (in Lodi) as possible..!

Thanks,
Alex.

My own opinion is that if you are truly serious about this, you should not be so adamant about Lodi and go to where the best coaching is available.

IMO the very best coaching is going to be one-on-one, and there are several very good coaches available who will do that for you around the US.

My own opinion is that if you are truly serious about this, you should not be so adamant about Lodi and go to where the best coaching is available

It's clear that he adamant about going to Lodi for the jump prices. In his other post about the exact same thing he included the detail that he planning to do 50-100 hop n pops. So what it sounds like is it's Lodi, or making far less jumps elsewhere.

I also get the vibe that he's not looking for dedicated one-on-one coaching, but 'some' coaching followed by 'x' number of jumps on his own, then back to some coaching and so on.

Given his experience level, the smart thing to do would be to track down an established canopy control course being held during his visit. It doesn't sound like he needs one-on-one coaching on his own, but he could benefit from a group classroom session, followed by jumps with video and debriefs from the coach. It would probably cost less in the end, and benefit him just the same.

Of course none of it will be cheaper than buying a block of jumps at Lodi and getting one of the locals to offer some tips every now and again.

My intentions is basically what I wrote in the original post - getting 1:1 coaching from a coach, not necessarily from anyone able to swoop. Not all swoopers are coaches, which is also why I asked for your help to point me in the direction of someone who belongs to both categories.

As for following a normal canopy course, I'm not at all against the idea and is definitely something I'm considering to do as well. I do however believe that a personalized approach covering a longer period of time and/or more jumps might help my progression. I find it hard to believe that a custom made approach would not be better than a generic group session, as it will leave more time for discussion, debrief, to-the-point Q&As etc. I might of course be wrong, but prior experience tells me otherwise, which is why I wanted to check out this possibility.

I'm focused on having a safe approach to my progression and at the same time avoid picking up bad habits I might have to "unlearn" 500 jumps down the line.

As for my choice of DZ, I see that the name Lodi kicks up the regular sparks; Personally, I like the vibe, I have already done quite a few of my jumps there and somewhat know the place and I will be in that area anyway. Of course there are other DZs in the neighborhood which I might check out, but Lodi will remain my main choice because of other factors than jumping.

I do appreciate the input and would once again like to ask if someone could point me in the direction of someone who does coaching there.. It seems to be the only thing this thread hasn't generated yet.. :)
Thanks,
Alex.

I do appreciate the input and would once again like to ask if someone could point me in the direction of someone who does coaching there.. It seems to be the only thing this thread hasn't generated yet..

Perhaps because there is no one there who does canopy coaching?