jtfreefly

anyone taken a curt swanson canopy course

I did. Great guy. I learned a lot and he's very focused on safety and passionate about it. Couldn't recommend more.

p.s. After the course he was always helpful and willing to keep sharing his knowledge, then you know It's not about the money.

Blue Skies.
When in Danger or in doubt run in circles scream and shout.

I took his basic a couple of years ago and then his advanced canopy last October.

Well run course with current information. Advanced course is lesson and objective / H&P / video debrief then rinse & repeat all day.

Curt is very accessible via email or phone after classes and on the DZ and yes he runs a safe course. Dallas has changed their landing areas so you do the course in the alternate landing area now rather than over the swoop lane.

I recommend his course as he runs it often. Give him a call or shoot him an email as to the dates. Canopy control is something that you really don't ever stop learning so if another course comes up like Flight-1 or something near you, you should jump on that too. There is never enough to learn.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama