tamagotchi

27 Cells for competitions and daily work

Any cross braced canopy loaded decently is going to spend a decent amount of time in the recovery arc. I spend about 3 sec in recovery on my 79 jvx at 2.7. I spend about 3.5 on the 79 velo. A half second difference isn't causing people to fly into the ground. Flying in a manner that doesn't allow the vertical speed to reach 0 before you interact with the ground. On either of those canopies I could force a 1 sec recovery if i had too. That is so far off the mark of 3+ seconds it's crazy. If I had to use that emergency recovery with any sort of frequency I would hang it up.

Some times people just don't do what needs be done to plane out. Whether its diving for the gates, getting distracted or being flat out obliviouse to the shape your wing is trying to make through the air.
When it's not right you need to recognize and start fixing it early.
The only way to build these skills is lots of repetition and focused practice. Even then the best of the best can still bow it, we all need to remember that for ourselves. The fact that the ground is unforgivably hard, and that we are aiming right next to it, needs to be in the front of every swoopers mind.

I agree that people need to recognize the difference between their every day setups and what they bring to a comp. Train accordingly. If you can't train with your comp setup then compete with your day to day setup. You will score better and lower your personal risk.

agreed on whatever you fly the most you'll be good at.

horrible idea for using 9 cell and going to 7 cell for the comp.

as far as longer recovery arc being safer is flawed logic, i believe, or other wise we wouldn't have seen so many people pounding in with much greater force on a katana vs stiletto.

JVX dives long enough, given proper technique.

JVX vs Velo, it is like comparing apple and orange.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Did anybody know where i can test the scirroco in europe?

If you come to Sweden (Gothenburg) you can test my SC-77.

Thanks! I consider that. I'm not sure if I'm ready for WL 3.2. B|

Were you jumping that in Näsige last year during the WS and FF boogie?

3.2 might be a bit excessive.

I was at Näsinge on the weekend. With a white, gray and orange canopy.

Hi all!

I have some jumps on the Xaos 27 in 88 now and i love that canopy.

Best x-braced openings so far that i ever had. Really good flair and feedback from the canopy.

My wingload is 2.5 under the canopy and the Xaos still brings me home from a long spot.

So maybe this could be my next canopy.