tofou

JFX vs Velocity

Hello

I need a feedback about JFX.
I currently fly with a velo loaded about 2.4, love its fly but i'm sick of the openings!

I could be interested by a JFX with the same load.
Does anybody have a feedback about the fly of the JFX comparing to the velo ( only fly, i know JFX openings are cool)

Also interested about JFX/JVX comparison.

750 jumps over 4 years and you're at a 2.4 WL.... tisk tisk

There's a chance he had 750 jumps and 4 years in the sport when he registered in 2005. With only 2 posts in the last 7 years, I can't imagine he updated his profile since day one. I'm guessing he's made a few more jumps since 2005.

I wanted people to give me some feedback, not speculating about my number of jumps!

Last update of my profile was something like 4+ years ago.

I currently have 1700 jumps, including 400 on velocity loaded at 2.2, almost 100 with full RDS, 300 on Katana loaded at more than 2, 500 on Vengeance loaded 1.5 to 1.8...

So... give feedbacks

Depends what your looking for in a canopy, what will you mainly be using it for?

my current wing is a JVX79, but have done about 500 on a Velocity 96 and half a dozen on a JFX89.

best openings JFX 2nd Velo 3rd JVX

the jvx and JFX have good rear riser pressure (itend to come out a hot on the gates so jvx has suited my bad habits, good response on rears).

have used the JFX for wingsuiting and has been great great openings.

front riser pressure is in between a velo and jvx.

i had heard that the jfx doesnt swoop as good as the jvx or velo, but from the half dozen jumps ive done on one , they still carry very well with lots of bottom end

If I could have 2 canopies personally would run a JVX for CP stuff and JFX best all round canopy for AFF, wingsuiting, camera swoops
...remember to take it easy.....and if its easy take it home..

i'm not a competition swooper, but i love high perf canopies, especially those who dives hard like the velo...

i've heard the JVX dives really less than the velo

So my main question is how JFX dives comparing to a same loaded velo, and a same loaded JVX?

JFX dives pretty close to velo, they just don't retain much power thru the swoop.

Opens on heading and nice, without much snivel.

Same wingloaded JVX flys much much different vs JFX. You can call JFX as a super specter flights and JVX feels like super stilletto flight.

If you like flat glide get the JVX, if you like decent opening and steep glide get the JFX.

JFX will stall out much quicker on rears before it flattens out anywhere near JVX does.

Even JFX has potential to fuck your day up with bad opening tho. I've only jumped JFX 15 times or so, but just like any x-braced canopy when shit goes wrong it will go wrong very quickly. Don't let the advertising fool you. I've seen plenty jump with Sub 84 velo and fly wingsuits. They claim JFX to be docile canopy when it is really not. Luigi Cani can jump JFX with wingsuit, but that doensn't mean that anyone else can.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I had 3 Velo's 90ft², very nice openings... now I own a VC90 and have the same nice openings.
Position of the slider is very important for a soft on heading opening.
Wingload between 2.2 and 2.5. At lower wingloads the snivel is longer

It's taking a while for the poster to respond to your response. I also had a few hard openers on my 90 velo. Matter of fact first jump on it was almost the last it was so hard. Part my fault for dumping quick after a freefly jump and part packing.

Slider out infront of the nose was the fix and haven't had a hard opening since even with a quicker pull when on a long spot, but I can say I'm sure I always slow down drastically out of fear.

For the original thread to keep on topic. You can't go wrong with the velo if your packing it right, it requires some finese while packing tho, not a lot, but enough that you learn to respect it if you don't. Goodluck in your choice

Slider out infront of the nose was the fix

+1 - Works for me also

Tried most sizes of Velo and settled with the 84, never had anything near a hard opening no matter what speed at deployment - including deployments from full on track

Did own a JVX for a while but couldnt live with the openings - not consistant enough and didnt reckon the material (full sail )it was made from would go the distance

Looking forward to trying out a JFX