wingit

Cracker openings?? Packing q?

My experience is that spandex is simply more elastic than cordura. If the PC is folded too thick, the cordura pouch wont expand as easily as the spandex one and therefore it might require more force to extract the PC out from the pouch.

From what I have seen, low time jumpers are often indoctrinated to fold their PC in a specific manner. While this manner may be perfect for their student gear, it might be unfit with some other container.

This is why I found the theory plausible.

we are talking about BOC type?

Talking about a post from cavscout73.

OK
according to the whole skydiving world I am probably wrong, but I just watched my vids from the past 27 jumps and my openings were good all the way up til I got the new rig with the cordura BOC. which I quickly figured out I cant pull like I did with the spandex PC , and I think I have it figured out.. "hopefully" i think I am compensating for the stronger throw by putting a hip into it a bit and pulling a bit out of symetrical .. all of the openings are a 180 to the left and if I am throwing my hip to the right and pushing myself left in the process.. does that make sense? I only have 8 jumps on the new wings .. By God I think I figured me out!!

As others have mentioned, try a new method of packing the PC and make it as little as possible. Body position can do wonderful things on opening.

I don't think so.... it is line type, slider size, slider position maybe braked length? What will help openings of a 'problem' Safire2?

As for the issue, it seems like the OP solved the issue by doing less to the pack job. I have noticed on my Xfire that the more thought I put in to packing it, worse the openings were. Which is why I just stow the brakes, flake the cells, quarter the slider, wrap the tail, and put it in the bag.