D22369

old age is hell

like the title says I aint getting any younger, I have been on a two year hiatus from jumping and am now financially in the position to have a great summer of fun.

however I dont intend on ripping 270's anymore and have decided to upsize from my 85.

other than swooping, my favorite canopys were my stiletto's - I loved the razor sharp handling and the ability to go fast or slow depending on the mood or traffic.

my question is - what modern nine cell designs are there now that are similar to stiletto's but with perhaps a tad bit better opening characteristic? not looking for another xbraced

I need a few choices on what to demo.

Thanks!
Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

The Crossfire is a good one, but I'm planning to return to the Stiletto when my old age kicks in. I put 1000's of jumps on it, and had no complaints about the canopy. Once I jumped a Velo, and took a ride down the big hill of that steep recovery arc, then I had a complaint about the Stiletto and it's short recovery arc, but up until that point I had 1000's of satisfied jumps with most ending in a nice 180 and swoop.

For a lot of reasons, I still think the Stiletto is a better canopy, it's just doesn't have that dive. I never had a comlaint about the openings, and I would think that with a fresh reline, a Stiletto would be a great wing for your old age.

try Katana.
best opening characteristic IMO, I prefer katana opening vs crossfire.

bit sinky but you should be used to that by now.
lots of range on rears and stopping power with toggles.

Once I'm done with my set of x-brace I'm going back to Katana.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I don't think you'll be in the majority with that statement, but I could be wrong.

I went to the xf2 because of the openings. I did not like the Katana openings. But I guess thats why there are so many different parachutes. Different strokes for different folks.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

The Crossfire is a good one, but I'm planning to return to the Stiletto when my old age kicks in. I put 1000's of jumps on it, and had no complaints about the canopy. Once I jumped a Velo, and took a ride down the big hill of that steep recovery arc, then I had a complaint about the Stiletto and it's short recovery arc, but up until that point I had 1000's of satisfied jumps with most ending in a nice 180 and swoop.

For a lot of reasons, I still think the Stiletto is a better canopy, it's just doesn't have that dive. I never had a comlaint about the openings, and I would think that with a fresh reline, a Stiletto would be a great wing for your old age.

I jumped Stilettos for six years (97 and 107) and never chopped one. The only reason I would not go back to one in these, my older skyding years, is the short toggle stroke. I would actually just rather upsize my wingsuit main, a Sabre2 97, back up to like a 107 or 120 (if I got REALLY fat and out of shape).

I'm 48 and have 7500 jumps in 31 years BTW and currently jump a Xaos 27 80 and a Sabre 2 97