BlindBrick

Nitron vs X-Fire 2 at 1.5

90 degree front riser landings. Not wanting to go down the hardcore swooper path, They're wanting an all-purpose canopy that offers a little more excitement during canopy flight and a slightly more advanced landing. They've spent several hundred jumps on Sabre II's and are now on a Pilot at 1.5.

I know that sounds a lot like a higher loading on a Stilletto, but Stillettos aren't well liked at our dz.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

As much as I love the XF2, they might be happier with a Nitron. It has a shorter recovery arc, but if they're not going to be progressing past 90s, it really won't be too big of a deal. The Nitron took less effort to jump than the XF2 (in terms of packing and body position with openings).

Are they unable to demo both canopies and see which one they like the best?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Right now we don't have much dealer support on the dz (i'm trying to address that and get a gear store going), so they were wanting to hear some opinions before they started shelling out money for demos to be shipped in.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Right now we don't have much dealer support on the dz (i'm trying to address that and get a gear store going), so they were wanting to hear some opinions before they started shelling out money for demos to be shipped in.

-Blind

$50-100 for a 2 week demo is chump change compared to $2000 for a new canopy...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

$50-100 for a 2 week demo is chump change compared to $2000 for a new canopy...

I don't disagree. but narrowing your search before you start having demos shipped in can save you hundreds of dollars.

-Blind

Ok... I don't normally post on DZ but thought I'd share my 2 cents since I've actually jumped both chutes loaded at 1.5. This translates to a X2 149 and a Nitron 150 with a 210 lb dude. Let me first say that both canopies are awesome canopies. I've never been spun up on either in 300 combined jumps. I agree the Nitron is much more forgivable with packing, opening, and body position. Nitron has as quicker opening. I've done many camera jumps on both and can't say enough good things like i've never been slammed like i used to on PD products. I used get the occasional off heading on both. Front riser dives. Nitron recovers quicker hands down (similar to a stiletto). Nitron riser pressure tends to stay lighter than the X2 through 90 through 270 degree turn with 3 second double fronts. Nitron has a more flare in straight in approach and X2 better in high performance landings. Nitron has a flatter glide in full flight. X2 is much more aggressive in toggle and rear riser turns. I can only imagine this would be similar in smaller comparable sizes also. I'd actually recommend either for everyday jumps. I hope this is enough info for you Brick. Take care... blues!