speedy

Upsizing

Everyone wants to talk about downsizing, rarely, if ever, is upsizing mentioned.
So here is a start. I have upsized!

I once stated here that in order to think about jumping a PD velocity you should have at least 1000 jumps, have done some canopy control training and do at least 300 jumps a year.

Well I am no longer getting the 300 jumps a year in so I have decided to stop jumping my velocity and upsize to a more docile canopy.

Guess what? I am really happy with my decision. Although sometimes I miss my old Velo, skydiving is still great fun.

For Sale Velocity 90 ca 1800 jumps - $350 :P
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Same shit bro)
F**kedup two seasons (barely have ~100 jumps in each) so install back my Odyssey 120, just positiFF
(however Velocity 96 will get his chance as soon as I get used to new stowless bag))
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

kinetic energy is everything, if you wana survive an mid air collision, be heavy, or faster, no?

The best way to survive a mid air collision is to avoid having a collision at all. Flying a canopy that is faster than your thought processes is good way to get into a mid air collision.

I don't seem to hear about Tandems being in mid air canopy collisions.
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Sie nicht diene Facebook gehaben?

(wow that is some butchered German)

It is an elite group of canopy pilots on Facebook, that have set forth rules of canopy flight that we can only strive to achieve. Some show the values and tenets of what the head instructors have taught better than others, though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Now that i'm 55(old by skydiving standards)upsizing is a "Must".A suitable 120 would be a nice idea.Right now our "Chief Instructor" is jumping my bag and pilot chute.I almost quit my job trying to get him to understand that when you downsize,your supporting equipment(bag,line stow method & pilot chute)are very important.Sure enough,i'm still waiting for my Engineering consulting fee and rent on my bag and pilot chute!lol(good thing his is a friend)