SRI85

Is removable slider worth it?

That's right, MEL! The original rings were just regular slider grommets pressed into webbing with a zero grommet for the cable. I STILL have a set of those old rings on my wingsuit rig! It wasn't until later that Joe (and maybe you) had the first set of stainless steel rings built.

To the guy who was asking if I built my own: Nope. Joe Bennet (in Georgia) and Rob Wardell (at Raeford Parachute Center in NC) build all of my sliders. Rob's are a copy of Joe's with one small improvement in the routing of the cable. I MUCH prefer these over the two-cable ones that Scott Roberts designed and are sold with PD Velocities. I have one that is nine years old and still totally serviceable.

Chuck

That's right, MEL! The original rings were just regular slider grommets pressed into webbing with a zero grommet for the cable.

...and the "pulls" had type IV pucks to lock the ring loops with.

Looking back, I have to ask myself what the heck were we thinking!

Anyway they did work though.

It wasn't until later that Joe (and maybe you) had the first set of stainless steel rings built.

Yeah, Joe and I worked together making the first say about 50 or so sliders. I would blank out the sliders, he would tape them up for the pulls, then he and I would install the pulls.

Rings were (and still are) a problem to get someone to make for cheap.
..Well cheap enough to sell them anyway.

This is the main reason we really don't manufacture them much anymore.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com