spencer

clockwise or anticlockwise

Clockwise, so the coriolis effect helps. If I went to the southern hemisphere I'd turn the other way.:)
Seriously, I find it depends on what you have done the most recently. If I have been doing a bunch of right hand turns, then I am more comfortable with that. If I've been doing left hand in th recent past, that's more comfortable.

I do find I can harness turn to the right a little bit harder than to the left, but that has no bearing on my choice of direction. I set up according to the wind.

"Holy s*** that was f***in' cold!"

The drop zone i started learning to swoop at prevented a right hand turn due to the runway so I had to do a left turn, so that's what I do. I can do a right 270 but it feels really uncomfortable, especially if i'm doing a formation landings with others.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Not much of a swooper, but I do do turns and stuff.

I mix it up depending on obstacles. Whichever direction puts my last 90 degrees of rotation pointed towards a clear landing area is usually the direction I choose. That way I can abort any time I want. I'd hate to have to deal with a tree after I have just stabbed out.

Not necessary or anything, but it feels a little bit safer; I guess.

"mix it up depending on obstacles".

Bloody hell that sounds like your landing area is a obstacle course. I guess you get used to landing a certain way. Getting to the set up point, and then you must have a idea before getting there which way you will start your turn, to the right or left.

With winds out of the north, I fly a right hand pattern and turn left. Winds out of the south, I fly a left hand pattern and turn right. The whole setup and turn happens on one side of the runway, and the regular patterns happen on the other.

It did take a minute to get used to turning right, but after a few tries at it, it started to feel more comfortable.
BASE 1384