shibu

Knees over Slider... Radical Spiral

In Chp2 of Brian Germain's "The Parachute & it's Pilot" book, he writes about an experience in 1987 when he hooked his knees over his slider & spiraled radically while hanging upside down.

Does anyone have any links to video of anyone doing anything like this?

In Chp2 of Brian Germain's "The Parachute & it's Pilot" book, he writes about an experience in 1987 when he hooked his knees over his slider & spiraled radically while hanging upside down.

You mean like this guy? http://www.iloveskydiving.org/view/videos/friday-freakout-nasty-double-parachute-malfunction/

Just because Brian Germain says it, doesn't make it a good idea.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

dont get any crazy ideas;), though it would be cool to see, watch out for others under canopy please. no videos ive seen

Not delusional about what I can do under the canopy.. but thanks for the advice. Good looking out.

You mean like this guy? http://www.iloveskydiving.org/view/videos/friday-freakout-nasty-double-parachute-malfunction/

Just because Brian Germain says it, doesn't make it a good idea.;)

Well not exactly like that. lol.

Thanks for the video. Not exactly what I was looking for but I enjoyed it anyway. Who would think that could happen from flipping through your risers? Glad I never had the urge.

I don't think he meant it was a good idea. He just wrote that he did it during his first boogie. In fact he did say he nearly collided into another canopy.

The guy did exactly as u described:P but he flips through all the way when he looses control and now a wicked malfunction probably as a result or loading the harness one way or the other or maybe toggles in hands who knows and spiral here we come...