freeflydemon

Xaos 21 vs JFX openings?

The openings of a JFX are really nice. Not that long but still soft and always on heading. I can't say something about the Xaos, because I have never jumped that canopy.

Video from JFX openings:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1942283489405&oid=139399876089729&comments&set=o.139399876089729&type=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53egmyIGb38

Xaos 21 = Sweet sweet Love! She Snivels 800+ feet! Never opens hard! She sometimes searches but nothing like a velo! Pretty Rad for an X-braced! Haven't Jumped it but I heard the JFX is similar with a quicker opening.
Skydivers are nothing but a bunch of Narcissistic A$$holes!!
Front risers were made for pulling! Pal
MuFF#5640
D.S. # 2012

I have about 350 jumps on my Xaos 21 - 118, I love the canopy! The openings are really good for the vast majority of jumps I have on it. As previously mentioned it will search around a little bit but if you just go with it it usually works out. I can think of a couple of times that it rung my bell but I am sure that they were just anomalies. Fun to fly...haven't flown a JFX so no comment on that.
nakEd

Is Xaos-21 still worth considering these days, given that it was introduced in 2001? And precision's website looks not very up to date...

Doesn't seem like it's a popular canopy now (based on number of ads in classifieds section) - might be hard to sell? Although all the reviews are definitely encouraging, and the price is lower than JFX.