nigel99

Proximity flying

I assume this is the correct forum and not the CRW forum.

What are the requirements for doing proximity flying with another canopy? I am guessing that finding someone who is experienced at CRW as a mentor is probably the ideal first step.

At the moment I am a nomad and don't have a home dz. This is pretty close to the top of my to do list and I'd like to do my homework. I'm still getting back into the groove with jumping but I find it useful to plan my jumps towards an objective.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

What are the requirements for doing proximity flying with another canopy? I am guessing that finding someone who is experienced at CRW as a mentor is probably the ideal first step.

At the moment I am a nomad and don't have a home dz. This is pretty close to the top of my to do list and I'd like to do my homework. I'm still getting back into the groove with jumping but I find it useful to plan my jumps towards an objective.

speedflying is probably what you want to look into.

speedflying is probably what you want to look into.

No I don't think so. If I understand correctly speedflying is close proximity to the ground. I am interested in flying in close proximity to another parachute.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I don't know how it works at your place but where I'm jumping the pilot and the DZO gives the OK for High Altitude Hop & Pop. Something about trafic and circling down (plane is a Navajo). I know that their decission depends on other people for sure but I've never asked how they decide/find out if we can go or no, I've just took it as it comed. But asking is the way to go.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!