castrodavidd

-Branched Castrodavid's discussion on swooping

Some people have implied that my attitude and ego about this sucks. So in conclusion, I write this.
I wanted everyone in my last post on this thread to know I just used the top of a ladder as a step. Even though I'm sure thousands of people have been injured or even died "hence the do not sit or stand". I have prevaled, against all odds, and common wisdom of using ladders, I have successfully returned to the surface of the earth without injury.
Blue Skies

WOW can we move on now?
Disclaimer: Kids don't do this at home.:D
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

I wanted everyone in my last post on this thread...

but nno! come on Leon, stay with us!

just to say,
in France, the "rules" are much harder than yours!
and, in the past, many "DZmanager" not allowed me to jump with my canopy.
but!
all let me show them my "skill" with parachutes of a more consistent size.
in only two or three jumps with rental gear, I could show them how i do the exercises they were asking me.

have you try something like this?
niques tout, chies d'dans...

Some people have implied that my attitude and ego about this sucks. So in conclusion, I write this.
I wanted everyone in my last post on this thread to know I just used the top of a ladder as a step. Even though I'm sure thousands of people have been injured or even died "hence the do not sit or stand". I have prevaled, against all odds, and common wisdom of using ladders, I have successfully returned to the surface of the earth without injury.
Blue Skies

Why do you think so many people in this thread are telling you to not downsize? Is it because we are jealous of your ability and don't want you to get better than us? Is it because we are against having fun and you shouldn't be allowed to fly a fun canopy? Or maybe it's because you aren't special at all and everyone has known a dozen people just like you, most of whom quit skydiving when they ended up breaking or killing themselves? Nah that can't be it.
http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

Now that's a fascinating piece of psychology. Not only do you do something risky/foolish and demonstrate that you knew it was risky/foolish but you brag about it. And you want sympathy because a DZO won't let you do someting risky/foolish at his place of business? If I stand on the top step of a ladder at home I'm being stupid. If I do it at work I'm being fired.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Blue Skies

Can't wait to read your incident report. Can I be on your ash dive? Seriously I love ash dives.

I just used the top of a ladder as a step

The most surprising thing about this whole thread is the idea that you're a professional pilot. You of all people should understand the concept of getting in over your head, not nessecarily from your own experience, but if spend enough time around airplanes, you run into the guy with way too much money, and not enough stick time to keep up with his bank account. Low time pilots flying planes that are way too fast and complex for them, but since they have the bucks, they get the hardware.

At least high performance airplanes and helicopters cost enough that not everyone can get their hands on one. You have to be rich and stupid to get in over your head in that world. Canopies, on the other hand, all cost about the same, and can be bought used for $500 or less.

The other thing is, people can tell when you don't know what you're doing. It may feel great to you, but it shows when you're in over your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4d5AeAi7g

Blue Skies

Can't wait to read your incident report. Can I be on your ash dive? Seriously I love ash dives.

Your negative attitude makes me sick.

Blue Skies

Your negative attitude makes me sick.

Guess you've never heard of sarcasm? And if you are sick maybe you should go to bed or take some medicine.