virgin-burner

anybody got word about a new icarus canopy!?

just a quick observation, the video further up of the jfx that snivels like - forever; wouldnt it be wise for someone to testjump a new canopy, like the p3 (i assume) to be otherwise complication-free? as far as i know, rigging up any kind of RDS's has a tendency to go wrong, at least, every now and then. why put one on a canopy that's in it's testing-phase still!?

just asking..

My guess is that they would have a quiver of different slider sizes and the rds will allow them to swap them out more quickly to get through the r & d more efficiently.

just guessing though!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

just a quick observation, the video further up of the jfx that snivels like - forever; wouldnt it be wise for someone to testjump a new canopy, like the p3 (i assume) to be otherwise complication-free? as far as i know, rigging up any kind of RDS's has a tendency to go wrong, at least, every now and then. why put one on a canopy that's in it's testing-phase still!?

just asking..

My guess is that they would have a quiver of different slider sizes and the rds will allow them to swap them out more quickly to get through the r & d more efficiently.

just guessing though!

fair enough..

looks like the p3 is an XF with crossbraces.. VERY ellliptical, and yeah, very crossbraced as well.. :D

interesting, very much! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

doesnt really look like a jfx in my eyes..

looks like a radically elliptical crossbrace to me.. and i dont think my observation is that way off. but yea, please tell me if it is that way..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Alright… I’m a little lost. Is the “P3” the precursor, or R&D name of the JFX? If so, what’s the cost (w/o having to email Attila)?

As of January 16th, the price was $2400USD including shipping. I accidentally "ordered" one from the website while looking for the price out of curiosity so they quoted me that number. And for what it's worth at 109 jumps I'm not actually looking at ordering one - I was just wondering.
I'll be whatever I want to do!

I have one. A 99
wing loading about 2.2
Done about 100 jumps on it after having 4 FX 104's over about 10 years.
Dives harder than the FX but not as hard as a JVX, planes out better than the FX, flare point is a little different to the FX but great once you get used to it.
Light on rears, good for harness turns, don't use a lot of front riser so can't comment.
Great! openings.
A great team canopy that's a lot of fun when you want it to be but will still get you back from a long spot and has consistently good (in my experience ) openings.
Make no mistake, it's still a very high performance canopy and great for swoops. The only thing I don't like about mine is the color.

I think the natural recovery arc is longer on a JVX.
My feeling anyway
I've only done around 100 JVX jumps though and none back to back with a similar sized JFX.
NZ Aerosports can probably give you a more science based answer.
The JFX still stays in a dive a long time if you want it to.

So whats the info about Icarus's new canopy.....code named "Petra"? ;)

Word has it that it's supposed to be a new badass swoop canopy

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

1600 foot 450 and a 2000 foot 810 on a Petra 69 loaded at 2.97

those are his starting altitudes, not his distances ;)

Now THAT'S some funny shit!
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

looks pretty awesome. Theyre testing another canopy woth different style crossbracing from what i understand too. it would make a 7cell a 35 and a 9 cell 45 from what ive heard. What will the future bring next?? gotta love r and d

One of the testjumpers was at our dz recently. he had a petra that had a sail-cloth front and that thing does not stop!
he got a swoop over 180 meters (downwind).we had measuring tape and stuff set up, so we got a rough idea about the length. (nothing offcial of course.) I don't have specs on WL and sq. ft. though...