bofh

UPT low drag swoop risers?

Ask yourself this. Am I that perfect of a swooper that reducing that little bit of drag is going to improve my time/distance/accuracy?

I am not the perfect swooper and perhaps my performance will not improve at all. But so what? I'm still going to buy a new pair of risers, so what are the drawbacks of these risers compared to regular UPT risers?

i really can't think of a draw back to be perfectly honest. there's been a ton of people jumping them for a long time, both swoopers and non-swoopers. if you need new risers i would say get them.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Are you talking about the riser webbing being sewn in half? If so, drawbacks can be they take a few jumps to get use to and might find yourself having to change. Also, they are easier to have your hand slip on because of them being thinner. Personally for me, the stitched risers create more risk then reward for how I personally fly.

just my 2 cents

Are you talking about the riser webbing being sewn in half? If so, drawbacks can be they take a few jumps to get use to and might find yourself having to change. Also, they are easier to have your hand slip on because of them being thinner. Personally for me, the stitched risers create more risk then reward for how I personally fly.

Yes, they are sewn in half.

When landing with the rears I mostly push them out, I don't pull them much down so I don't think slipping would be a problem for me.

But I guess I can cut them open if I end up not liking them.

If you were to sew Typ 17 webbing in half, why not just do the same for Typ 8? They'll present the same surface to the wind, right? But Typ 8 will last longer and endure more.

And they will also lay nice on the sides of the reserve.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

Ask yourself this. Am I that perfect of a swooper that reducing that little bit of drag is going to improve my time/distance/accuracy?

If ~40 square inches of surface area is going to make that much difference, just think what Jenny Craig could do for some of you. ;)
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

If ~40 square inches of surface area is going to make that much difference, just think what Jenny Craig could do for some of you. ;)

Fuck Jenny Craig -- a beer gut is merely an engine for the swoop machine.

I'd think a fat body would be more aerodynamic and a larger canopy with the same wingload have less drag too. Perhaps it is better to reverse her advice?

Is Jenny Craig a good swooper then?
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Fuck Jenny Craig -- a beer gut is merely an engine for the swoop machine.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Did you miss your P90 workout today?:P

keep sticking for the bonfire for p90-workouts; some of us here try to stick to ADVICE n'shit anyway.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

This type of response has always annoyed me. Reducing drag will increase your swoop distance no matter how good you are. So the answer to your question is yes.

Not true
"Any language where the unassuming word fly signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled."