piisfish

Interesting speedflying video

These wings behave differently than skydiving canopies. You can stay in pretty deep brakes all day if you need.

You can fly a skydiving canopy in deep brakes all day long too, if you want. The fact remains that once you are at your min. descent rate, you cannot go any slower.

So if you are in deep brakes on top of the wire, and lose lift for any reason, you have no recovery. You'll mush down into the wire. Maybe you slide off to the side and get away clean. Maybe you hang up a ski on the wire or slide off inbetween the wires, and you're not as OK.

Get a splitboard, they skin up just fine. I can't ski anymore due to a leg injury so I only snowboard. I've launched a skydiving canopy on a board, countering the "twist" was no problem. Hopefully I'll get to try a speedflying wing/harness soon.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

These wings behave differently than skydiving canopies. You can stay in pretty deep brakes all day if you need.

You can fly a skydiving canopy in deep brakes all day long too, if you want. The fact remains that once you are at your min. descent rate, you cannot go any slower.

So if you are in deep brakes on top of the wire, and lose lift for any reason, you have no recovery. You'll mush down into the wire. Maybe you slide off to the side and get away clean. Maybe you hang up a ski on the wire or slide off inbetween the wires, and you're not as OK.

Gotcha, misread (thought you were taking about stall potential). Well, the other things to take into consideration here are that these wings have a better glide than a skydiving canopy and the pilot here is a very experienced expert.