piisfish

Interesting speedflying video

Thanks for posting the link! Do you know if he had to skin it up to the launch site or does the chair take you to the launch site? A couple of us are thinking of planning a Eurotrip for this season, pls pm me do discuss gear to bring, ratings/insurance required, and must hit pitches.

Rentals[Shocked]

Sponsored!! (?)

I remember in the 90's it was fashionable for skateboarders to 'focus' (intentionally snap) their skateboards if they continued to fail at landing a trick.

This was done and pushed in manufacture sponsored videos....

I doubt this is the case here but with the guy all 'red bulled up' I recon the state of the p-tex and rails of his skis are the last thing on his mind...

Ski manufacturers will love this video, though it did not look like there was too much friction there...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

doubt this is the case here but with the guy all 'red bulled up' I recon the state of the p-tex and rails of his skis are the last thing on his mind...

are you jealous because he is sponsored?
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Not at all, he has amazing skill and deserves everything that is thrown at him.

I am not even entirely sure if he is sponsored, just the red bull labels are a bit of a hint...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Not at all, he has amazing skill and deserves everything that is thrown at him.

I am not even entirely sure if he is sponsored, just the red bull labels are a bit of a hint...

oh i see your point
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Thanks for posting the link! Do you know if he had to skin it up to the launch site or does the chair take you to the launch site? A couple of us are thinking of planning a Eurotrip for this season, pls pm me do discuss gear to bring, ratings/insurance required, and must hit pitches.

Don't know how he got up there.
Not a speedflyer myself so can't give you accurate info.
If you want to fly in Switzerland, the requirements for foreigners should be written on www.shv-fsvl.ch/en/ which is the swiss hanggliding + paragliding association

Please bear in mind that Antoine is among the best canopy flyers in the world, has always lived, worked and flown in mountain areas, a great skier, plus in addition to the training he has put in all this, he is also a natural talent.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The cable does very little damage to the skis, it will dull the edges a bit and make some minor scratches in the wax, nothing you can't repair yourself if you have a grinding station set up in your shed or garage or at worst spend ~$45 for a tune.

I'm quite aware of that..

Ski manufacturers will love this video, though it did not look like there was too much friction there...

Ski Jibbing with speed wings done by more and more people is likely to boost ski sales however, and jibbing random shit is tough on equipment.

It is not just on the 'thrashing your gear' front they (the ski manufacturers) would be interested in, but more importantly the new market they are obtaining from speed flying, as a sport it is set to grow considerably in the coming years.

Speed flying is attractive to many different people that will learn to ski specifically for speed riding.

I am a snowboarder and have never purchased a pair of skis but now I want some....

...for speed riding.

[
Speed flying is attractive to many different people that will learn to ski specifically for speed riding.

I am a snowboarder and have never purchased a pair of skis but now I want some....

...for speed riding.

I have snowboarded for 22 years, and after seeing all this speedflying stuff have decided to start learning how to ski.

you can also speedfly with a snowboard :P

It's hard, looks dorky, and can end in disaster very easily. (catching an edge in pow with a glider, hilarious:ph34r:) In my experience teaching speed flying, even the best snowboarders can fly/ride better with skis.

-SPACE-

It's hard, looks dorky, and can end in disaster very easily. (catching an edge in pow with a glider, hilariousSly) In my experience teaching speed flying, even the best snowboarders can fly/ride better with skis.

I am inclined to agree with you.

With my snowboard stance, the would be some serous harness input going on.