flyingstrauss

Hip rings

I will save the time of the swoopers that frequent here. If your profile is correct you shouldnt be even close to considering swooping or even getting a rig solely for swooping. take your time working on flying a pattern and flying that same pattern every jump. Then focus on landing in a 10 meter circle after that. By this time you should be in upwards of having over 300 jumps. Now take some canopy courses and find a good canopy coach to guide you for the rest of the way. By the time you have to ask this question again you will all ready know the answer. Hope this helps as I am nowhere near a swooper but yet still a beginner/infant in canopy control at a low low 400 jumps but the reigning crowd in this forum will tell you the same thing just as I got told a long time ago.

laters
D

I am going to disagree in regards to the actual purchase of a rig. I have found that hip rings are ALWAYS beneficial for any form of canopy flight, but chest rings offer no benefit whatoever to a person who is going to loosen up their chest strap for canopy flight.

Chuck

I will save the time of the swoopers that frequent here. If your profile is correct you shouldnt be even close to considering swooping or even getting a rig solely for swooping. take your time working on flying a pattern and flying that same pattern every jump. Then focus on landing in a 10 meter circle after that. By this time you should be in upwards of having over 300 jumps. Now take some canopy courses and find a good canopy coach to guide you for the rest of the way. By the time you have to ask this question again you will all ready know the answer. Hope this helps as I am nowhere near a swooper but yet still a beginner/infant in canopy control at a low low 400 jumps but the reigning crowd in this forum will tell you the same thing just as I got told a long time ago.

laters
D

Yes, my profile is correct. I am not going to get into swooping any time soon, since I'm low on cash, and will have to buy rig part by part. By then, I'll probably have 300 jumps or more. I'm jumping accuracy right now, so I think I'm pretty capable of landing in the place I want to. :)