AggieDave

Texas Swoopers #4 (Pre-nationals meet) Aug 7-8

Texas Swoopers #4, the pre-nats meet at Spaceland, is this coming weekend (Aug 7-8). So far Roo has said he's going to downsize to a Velo 79 and dominate the competition. Besides that it sounds like there is going to be a good turnout (for obvious reasons...to watch Roo).

Some things to note about the upcoming meet. We will be testing Spaceland's new gate laser and timing system that will be used at Nationals, but will be running video to cover it if it has any issues. The courses are the same that are used at nationals, as are the aircraft and the breakfast tacos at the gas station.

Saturday is the practice day, Sunday is the competitions. Registration is $45. Competitor briefing is Sunday at 8am, round 1 is wheels up at 9am.

A couple of common questions:

1. "Why are the meets on Sunday?"

--That allows DZ staff to compete

2. "What if we have weather, what is the make up dates?"

--The make up dates for this meet are Sept 2-4
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Also as an added danger, there have been a few gator's spotted in the pond!

Did anyone else get a mental image of Hoop 'gator wrasslin'??:D:D:D

Good luck Dave, both with this comp and at Nats!B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Thanks Jeffe, too bad its a solid drive, I'd love to see out out there, even if you were just shooting pictures.

Yeah, and we are in the home stretch, not venturing too far away from home these days. Mrs paranoid seems to think she won't make Sept.1;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

hmmm ... I'd have thought that with your on the job training, you'd now be able to sleep anywhere ... ;) ...

See ya next sunday ... about the same time as last go 'round ok?
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Yup, same time as last time will be perfect. Turnout looks to be good for this meet, so we're going to be busy!

Ive got two mates from back home who will be here at the meet as well.

Who told you it was a 79 anyway its a 71? :)

Yup, same time as last time will be perfect. Turnout looks to be good for this meet, so we're going to be busy!

Ive got two mates from back home who will be here at the meet as well.

Who told you it was a 79 anyway its a 71? :)

Fuck 3 aussie's? Lock up the beer fridge.

The courses are up and we had a good practice day. Looks like this is the meet to be at this year!

Thanks for organising again Dave I had an awesome time even though Boston beat me (again).

Any ideas on who will take over the reigns?

Texas Swoopers #4 results:

1. Matt Shull
2. Bryan Buechler
3. Kieran Rundle
4. Jon Hartley (Boston)
5. Alex Kaiserman (Roo)
6. Rob Wallace
7. Joe Silva
8. Simon Palacio
9. David Lund
10. Daniel Carroll
11. Brad Jones

People have stated how boring the meet was, because no one came in side ways, chowed or otherwise flew scary/dangerously. That is a really good compliment for the competitors!

As Roo alluded to, this is the last season I will be organizing a competitive swoop league in Texas. The last three years were fun and I appreciate all the support I received, as well as the competitors who made it happen. As of right now there is no one that has shown an interest in taking it over.

The overall scores for the 2010 season will be posted very soon (can't find my clipboard with the scores).

Way to go Dave,
Looks like the last meet was a good one! Nice turnout. Good job running the league Dave. Its a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. You know your last act as League Director is to name your sucessor, right? And whoever you name is somewhat obligated to accept this honor that you've bestowed upon them.

Alright Texas boys, who's gonna step up and keep the Taxas league going??
Watch out for planters.

People have stated how boring the meet was, because no one came in side ways, chowed or otherwise flew scary/dangerously. That is a really good compliment for the competitors!

Still lots of fun to watch, but you have to admit, the photog folks don't get as much to work with ... ;) ... !!! I think it speaks well of groundwork laid by the organizer too, not JUST the competitors. From the noncompetitors ... thanks for a job well done Dave!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Nice, well done everyone! Matt - excellent job!

Dave, you've done a great job over the years, few people can truly appreciate how hard it is to put these comps together. Too bad the NY crew couldn't support you this year by making a splash or two... had to save some cash for the Nationals. Hope you find a good person to take over the league! Best of luck and we'll see you in a few weeks.

Thank you everyone for the positive support.

There is someone discussing taking my place for next year. Hopefully it will happen since I still want to compete and I want to see it continue, just with me as a supportive competitor.