D22369

slowing it down.

Ok, first I aint getting any younger and am planning to upsize my canopy - I no longer work for the dz or make the number of jumps to rip off a 270 without probably breaking myself andor hurting someone else, so a high w/l is silly.

my problem is I really really like the characteristics of xbraced canopys and cant quite talk myself into a traditional eliptical yet.

I am looking to put the w/l in the range of 1.5 1.8-1 area which should slow things down tremendously.

I like really slow 100-120 degree or so slow carving turns to build speed and a nice but shorter swoop, gone are the more rapid 270's to a steep 600' dive.

I plan on demo'ing several larger xbraced and conventional elipticals.

what are your thoughts? is there a normal eliptical that mimics a xbraced but performs well at a lower wingload and doesnt have the insta-turn if you fart response?

secondly is a fx-85 even worth spending the money on to reline and sell if it has 2k jumps on it, it is in fantastic shape (*other than the lines) with a custom slider but I would fear to sell it with the bad lines on it since someone might jump it before relining it.

Thanks;

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I would think it is worth it to try to sell the FX (reline or buyer beware). Have you seen the prices of new gear these days? Seems like the new gear prices are keeping the used gear prices much higher than they used to be. Hell, in the classifieds section of this site, there is gear in there that is used, selling for about what I paid for it 10 years ago (tempo 150 for 500 bucks for example). I couldn't tell you what your fx is worth, but I bet it is worth more than you think if in good shape.

if i were to "slow it down" i'd either get a larger xaos 21 for it's nice openings while still having x bracing or get a crossfire2, jumped one a few weekends ago, a 119, and it swooped nicely just doing 90s and openings were scary slow/soft.