frost

Scirocco - new x-braced main by Skylark

With the tandem I pitched 10sec after exit. Dont worry, there was a lot of vertical separation before they deploy.

what if they had a premature? :)
what if he had to cutaway on top of the tandem

he's claiming since the tandem usually opens 4,000' feet lower than his main deployment if he has to cutaway he will be able to cutaway and open his reserve and still be higher vertically than the tandem B|

With the tandem I pitched 10sec after exit. Dont worry, there was a lot of vertical separation before they deploy.

what if they had a premature? :)
what if he had to cutaway on top of the tandem

he's claiming since the tandem usually opens 4,000' feet lower than his main deployment if he has to cutaway he will be able to cutaway and open his reserve and still be higher vertically than the tandem B|

And why he would not? Even if he was spinning 2k feet and then cutaway (as he did before) he would still have 2k altitude left. He had a questionable judgment call, but trashing that is happening here and off-topic posts... Come on. You always, always do everything 100% by the book?
It would be nice to get back to the topic...[:/]
dudeist skydiver #42

Maby you guys could come and hold us a safety seminar. It seems you have talent for these type of things. We clearly are reckles and dont have a clue what were doing.

I am not saying you don't have a clue of what you are doing, but please admit that it was not the smartest move. I am not know for my smart moves either. Welcome to the club :D

Oh and congrats on flying the Scirocco, it seems to be a beautiful flying machine :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The Russian athlete Alexander Golovkin took 3rd place at the 3rd European Championships in his Scirocco-72ft. Congratulations to Alexander and wish him new victories.
I`ve been so high
I`ve been so down
Up to the skies
Down to the ground

BMFin

I uploaded a short clip of tha last two jumps. One good and one bad. Unfortunately I dont have a video of the nasty one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7OGXjRq1bo

It also seems im not the only one with similar experiences:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiw4NegPVTc

EDIT: watching this Russian guy fighting with this canopy a new possible malfunction scenario came to my mind. Watch how he almost gets both of his hands stuck between the risers @ 2:04. Imagine not being able to use your arms at this point !! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymk6mhvqrMk
scirocco 72 @ wl. 2.65

welder

***I uploaded a short clip of tha last two jumps. One good and one bad. Unfortunately I dont have a video of the nasty one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7OGXjRq1bo

It also seems im not the only one with similar experiences:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiw4NegPVTc

EDIT: watching this Russian guy fighting with this canopy a new possible malfunction scenario came to my mind. Watch how he almost gets both of his hands stuck between the risers @ 2:04. Imagine not being able to use your arms at this point !! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymk6mhvqrMk
scirocco 72 @ wl. 2.65

it looks like a lot of rears input on opening, let it open before you try to start flying it, and once is open then fix whatever you need to fix (highly recommend go with the turn and you will save yourself a few revolutions if you get line twist).

Depending on the wing loading (in higher wing loadings by just touching rears the canopy will violently turn where you wanted it to turn). On my JVX I am just a relax bag and I have pretty good openings and is loaded at 2.5/1.

Maybe so but the not always pretty video shows he never even pulled on them and it opened.

If you must put rear riser input to open the canopy, that's a weird ass canopy, just asking to twist up... by design! :D That reminds me of the NZ Aerosports test jump videos when the canopy would just snivel for thousands of feet till they figured it out.

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Do you still fly it???

I've seen two scirocco fly, both of them flown by not so great swoopers so I can't really say how they perform. But both of pilot agrees that openings are beyond high performance, and it will scan the traffic for you left and right.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I dont fly it anymore. I only tested one demo for a few jumps. In my opinion the openings were horrible since it was so prone to linetwists.

I was initially told by a frined of mine that you need to pull down on the rears to have it open nicely. I didnt believe him, since I have always thought one shouldnt touch the rears during snivel. Friend of mine insisted that it even says so in the manual. I thought it was BS and didnt listen to him. After making a few jumps I had to admit he was right. It really seemed like the only option is to pull down on the rears during snivel and then try to steer the canopy. (you can read my experience I described earlier in this thread)

BTW. Heres a few videos this friend of mine posted on youtube

Heres the 93sqft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RmHjnvkZSE

The 77sqft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtewDqbCvc8

Im scared shitless to watch the 77sqft video.

Or maybe is just packing and body position lol.
I bet the manufacture doesn't said pull rears like your life depends on it, for the canopy to open properly, maybe I am wrong.
I still remember the few first opening on my JVX, they were pretty wild, but now they are sweet, for either HnP or terminal.

BMFin

In every video shown here, the pilot always pulls down on the rears. Can anyone show us a video of this canpy actually onpening well without pulling rears?

I have over 400 jumps on a Scirocco 82. 90% of my openings were on heading ONLY when pulling on the rears and letting it snivel. This canopy is not designed to open by relaxing in the harneess . I would do this and never touch my risers on most Velo openings, but this is a different machine.

I personally love the openings and how this canopy flies.

highlee369

***In every video shown here, the pilot always pulls down on the rears. Can anyone show us a video of this canpy actually onpening well without pulling rears?

I have over 400 jumps on a Scirocco 82. 90% of my openings were on heading ONLY when pulling on the rears and letting it snivel. This canopy is not designed to open by relaxing in the harneess . I would do this and never touch my risers on most Velo openings, but this is a different machine.

I personally love the openings and how this canopy flies.

Wonder what would happen if you shorten the lower steering lines (and making BK-TOG longer).
But I guess the manufactor has tried that already..