EVOL

Canopy With Off Color Ribs?

Does anyone have a picture of their canopies that have ribs different color than the top and bottom?

Especially white canopy with red ribs

or

Black canopy with red ribs.

Does the white/red combo make pink?

Does the red show up inside of black?

I have seen a few examples but the quality was lacking (backlit). I want to order my new crossfire and it all looks good in the canopy design program, but I want to see the real thing.

Cheers!
EVOL

My old XF2 had black ribs with the lime green top and bottom skin, you couldn't really tell, but it did look "muddy." Where the color contrast really shines is on X-braced canopies. Scott Miller's old Velo 120 comes to mind, for example.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Here are a couple shots of a cross braced canopy, white with red x-braces.

(That's me in mukluks, swooping in winter...)

Looks nice enough in my biased opinion, not too muddied or pinkish, but I see that opinions could vary considerably!

What do you think, EVOL?

Here are a couple shots of a cross braced canopy, white with red x-braces.

(That's me in mukluks, swooping in winter...)

Looks nice enough in my biased opinion, not too muddied or pinkish, but I see that opinions could vary considerably!

That looks great, that is why I said that xbraced canopies look good like that. Standard canopies do not. The ribs, being vertical, do not show the color through the bottom/top skin well and it just looks muddy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

white turns brown sooner or lator.
and unless with x-brace you can't really tell the contrast between rib and bottom skin.

I had a white top and bot with blue rib x-fire.
It blended really well with cloud and blueish sky when you look up.
and my dirty white top skin blended in real well with building and other stuff when you look down from the top.
I had several cases when people told me that I was not visible until I started my turn.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

That looks great, that is why I said that xbraced canopies look good like that. Standard canopies do not. The ribs, being vertical, do not show the color through the bottom/top skin well and it just looks muddy.

Unfortunately I don't think I have any photos of my old Pilot, which was black with red ribs. Especially with black as the cell color, the rib color is almost invisible. Most people who saw my canopy in flight thought it was solid black (or charcoal gray after enough jumps in dusty environments. :D)

I don't ever want a black canopy again because of its tendency to go into "stealth mode" in low light conditions.[:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have a lemon canopy with red ribs. Non cross braced but you can easily see the ribs since they are a much darker color then the top and bottom skin. If they are the same shade of color then they are hard to see but if you use a light color on the top and bottom and a darker rib color it usually works.

I recently bought a Crossfire 2 off the shelf, it is white with yellow ribs/slider.

I love flying my new canopy but I have given a few reserve scares with it B|

Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

cool!? you think it looks pretty cool!? that's the nicest rig/canopy on the planet, dude!!! :P

thank you, plain safire2 119, both outer cells and stabilizers are black, rest of top and bottom skin is grey, all ribs "tangerine" which translates to a very bright orange.. :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I actually think it looks pretty cool.

Hmmmmmm...........anyone else?

Not sure where it is you skydive, but unless you're landing on grass 99% of the time... or... in otherwords... if you're landing on dirt (i.e. a desert enviroment) anywhere from some of the time to a lot of the time, sooner or later, you won't have a white canopy with red ribs... you'll have a tan canopy with red rigs... :S... just something to think about... do as you wish... :)

I recently bought a Crossfire 2 off the shelf, it is white with yellow ribs/slider.

I love flying my new canopy but I have given a few reserve scares with it B|

My sabre2 is red top/cells with a yellow bottom skin. On an overcast day, it looks like an orange reserve, till they see the pilot chute trailing.:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message