skyfiend

Starting swoop comps

Hey,
i'm looking at getting into competition next year, as a rookie.
will be training over the winter here i Europe a couple hundred hop and pops.
I'm flying a 119 Crossfire but was wondering what a good canopy for the beginner competitor would be.
My thoughts were a 99 crossfire but would love some in put
i would be putting the 99 at 1.9 WL.
also anyone recommend a good place to train for a couple weeks in Feb (i was thinking Empuria)
Thanks
Nick

I call TROLL!!!!
300 jumps, 1 year in the sport and looking to downsize 2 sizes in order to break into the sub 100 canopy size. One small problem is that you still seem to be under a 2.0 wingloading, best go down another size just to be sure!
A good canopy to train on would be the one you are on now! Please enlighten us as to what you are doing already on that canopy towards learning to swoop. I get the impression from your post that you have done nothing yet but INTEND to do 200 hop and pops soon. Is that prior to downsizing or after?
An excellent place to train would be Empuria because that is the home of Brian Vacher of The Safe Flight School and current PD Factory Team Pilot.
Hopefully while you are training there you will be sensible and seek some coaching from Brian before you hurt yourself.

OK i deleted the last post as it wasn't the best for this forum.
as for d100965, im guessing your a weekend jumper as i have one third of your jumps in one year than you have done in 11.
i jump most days as i work at a DZ and have experienced people helping me out here.
all i am after is some other input on canopies or other good places to train.
yes i am doing a course with Brian along with ones i have all ready done.

going sub 100 is not for the number im wanting to fly the right canopy at the optimum wingloading.
i dont want to go over 2.0 because that would not be the optimum weight for a crossfire.
if anyone has something that might help me out and put me in the right direction that would be great.

As mentioned by another poster, I would suggest you contact Brian Vacher at Empuria. He is a well respected coach, and pilot, and can best guide you on when to start competing, and the wing you should be doing it under.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team