kauffey19

Spectre made in 2000 vs Spectre made in 2010

Hello!

As you can see in the title I'd like to compare a Spectre canopy made 10 years ago verses one made this year...in terms of design and manufacturing that is. Let's say neither canopy has been jumped. Are they basically they same canopy, or has there been any upgrades in design or the manufacturing process?

Thanks!
jeff

Biggest difference: Today's canopies use the 4 digit binary code for the date manufactured, as opposed to the 2 digit one from the Y2K model.;)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Biggest difference: Today's canopies use the 4 digit binary code for the date manufactured, as opposed to the 2 digit one from the Y2K model.;)

I heard that the Y2K models that weren't upgraded to the 4 digit manufacturing date all stopped working at midnight January 1st, 2000. Sure sucked for some people doing New Year's night jumps! :P
The best things in life are dangerous.

From what I've heard, the patterns for cutting the fabric don't change from year to year. The line trims or slider sizes may vary if they stumble upon an improvement, but for a canopy like the Spectre which has never had any problem areaa, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's the exact same canopy ten years later.

In the real world, a ten year old canopy has been jumped, and a reline is a good idea and will take care of any line trim updates. If they've updated the slider size, an extra $100 will get that updated as well. In the end, much cheaper and easier to pack than a brand new one.