RickyResQ

Older Mirage?

Does anyone have any information about the Mirage containers made in 98? I'm potentially buying a used container, but the seller says that it's not a G3, but was made before that. Since Mirage's website does not have info on the older containers, I thought someone in here might know. Any info would be appreciated.

---v^---v^---v^---v^---v^---v^---v^---v^---
All I need is a handfull of throttle, tit, and toggle.
---v^---v^---v^---v^---v^---v^---v^---v^---

If I recall correctly The 98 Mirage has Tuck Tabs ( some one correct me if I'm wrong). If it has the Tuck tabs then You'll have a fine rig. It will not have internal riser covers but since Mirage riser covers have a nice tight fit already, they aren't even necessarry.

Basically if it has velcor riser covers, I would continue looking for a rig. If it's tuck tabs and if fits you and will hold the right size parachutes. Get it.

Tim
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

My 1985 vintage Mirage has two reserve pins and a main pin cover that is part of the right main flap

What he said. Don't forget all the velcro. Mine is from 1983. But at least it doesn't have any purple!
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Bingo. Mine is bright, with yellow, tan, and spring green...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If I recall correctly The 98 Mirage has Tuck Tabs ( some one correct me if I'm wrong). If it has the Tuck tabs then You'll have a fine rig. It will not have internal riser covers but since Mirage riser covers have a nice tight fit already, they aren't even necessarry.

Basically if it has velcor riser covers, I would continue looking for a rig. If it's tuck tabs and if fits you and will hold the right size parachutes. Get it.

mine is a 96 and has velcro..if its (the velcro) is in good shape it shouldnt be a problem. i have got in the habit of reseating it everytime i pick it up before i put it on, but have had no issues in any FF position with mine..I really love my mirage!

I know this post is a bit late to your question, but if you email Mirage (find the right address at www.miragesystems.com) with the serial number, they'll tell you what model it is....could tell you what month and year it was made, I'm sure. They emailed and told me after I filled out a questionnaire, and I hadn't even asked!
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

What is the Serial number. If my memory is correct, a Mirage with a Serial Number before 0900 is either a Mirage G1 or Mirage G2. The Mirage G2 is a good freefly container. It is slightly wider but thinner container compared to the Mirage G3. The secondary riser cover was optional until January 99, so that Mirage G2 may or may not have them.

If you have any questions do not hesitate contacting the Mirage technical department [email protected]

What is the Serial number. If my memory is correct, a Mirage with a Serial Number before 0900 is either a Mirage G1 or Mirage G2. The Mirage G2 is a good freefly container.

mine is 0144 the label sheet identifies it as a M4

i had the ROL switched to a BOC and have velcro (that is in good condition, and stays closed well) I've had several people look at it say i need to keep an eye on the velcro wear but otherwise it was fine for freeflying..is there something else perhaps i should know?

If your container has velcro riser covers, then it is a G1 container. There are very few G2 containers out there. Mirage Systems only produced them for 4 months.

As long as you maintain the velcro you should not have any problems sit flying. You must be careful of freeflying in head down position with the velcro riser covers. Velcro as it wears will not stay closed at the higher speeds.