gilead1

icaros crossfire VS neos VS Katana

well you can go back above and reread my post. I think I said the theory that was proposed to me pretty clearly. The guy that told me this theory had been in the sport 30+ years so I was listening at least. He claimed that even if you got a fraction of a second hesitation in the outer cells inflating it would keep the slider up a little longer and slow the opening down on fast opening canopies.

I'm not sure whats the point though unless you're really just stuck with a trash canopy. Modern skydiving canopies won't need these kinds of tricks. If they do its a reason to not buy them.

rolliing should not matter, but when I was jumping saber 1 that opened brisk every single time, rolling the nose inward helped.

I think certainly it will open faster if you open up the nose wide open outward like reserve pack job.

what I learn after jumping hard opening canopy was, whatever you do it will open hard. sell em and buy something else.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

rolliing should not matter, but when I was jumping saber 1 that opened brisk every single time, rolling the nose inward helped.

I think certainly it will open faster if you open up the nose wide open outward like reserve pack job.

what I learn after jumping hard opening canopy was, whatever you do it will open hard. sell em and buy something else.

+1

I have about 200 jumps on a Katana 120, then 250 on a Katana 107 loaded at 2.1. I did get some slightly off heading opening consistently, and every once in a while, the off heading was a bit more snappy. It never caused any malfuncton, but a few neck aches, no more.

I love the control, the response, recovery arc, light riser pressure, harness sensitivity of my Ka107. The only thing, which I find to be considerable, is that I found it to be ungrateful:
My last 100 jumps, I've been doing 450 on harness with a light whip of the front riser in the end. Everything goes well, but then when I start flaring on the back risers, then brakes and it feels like it's dying pretty quickly.

The canopy has now about 800 jumps, and the lines about 400. Lines could be a factor.

I loved this canopy, but I felt like I was doing everything right and it did not give me THAT much.

Just did my fiorst jump with my new velo 103, so it's back to basics but I'm already in love.

So anyway, not looking at my canopy on opening, staying very relaxed and not minding much about the swivel, I find the Katana to be fun to control, and an OK swooping canopy, in its class, no more.
All work
And no skydive
Makes Alexis
A dull boy