flyingZippy

really long swoop under a bridge!

My friend Wolfi in Innsbruck Austria just filmed this shot of a hang glider swoop under a bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0o6gJmjlEQ&feature=player_embedded

He also has video at his site of him doing a 650 meter swoop over a lake (unofficial world record for hang gliding).

www.wolfifly.com

I know it's a little off subject, but I think passionate swoopers will appreciate this.

Zippy

why all the movement during the "swoop"? seems like the dude is rocking out. If I did that under my velocity while swooping i'd be in the dirt quick like. Maybe the difference between rigid and non-rigid wing? It looks bad ass so the guy appears to know what he is doing. I just can't relate.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Pretty cool!! As i was watching him dangle under the wing, i could help but wanting to say "Howdy Ho, Mr Hankey!"

I wonder if that thing can fit through 5 foot gates. Would give a whole new meaning to switching canopies between rounds :ph34r:

Pretty cool!! As i was watching him dangle under the wing, i could help but wanting to say "Howdy Ho, Mr Hankey!"

I wonder if that thing can fit through 5 foot gates. Would give a whole new meaning to switching canopies between rounds :ph34r:

Now find a way to deploy it out of the PAC at Raeford this weekend.....:P

This is a little more rad in my opinion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiJsUXgknQ

That is awesome. I don't think I can see swooping as hot shit ever again. It is true, "You don't know what you don't know" Never knew hang gliders were ever that small and were flown that aggressively.

Fun to see the blending of aero disciplines, Speed hang gliding looks to me more like wingsuiting, as you are flying with the body.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

This is a little more rad in my opinion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiJsUXgknQ

That is awesome. I don't think I can see swooping as hot shit ever again. It is true, "You don't know what you don't know" Never knew hang gliders were ever that small and were flown that aggressively.

Fun to see the blending of aero disciplines, Speed hang gliding looks to me more like wingsuiting, as you are flying with the body.

I sort of agree with you. Speedgliding is sweet...but it's also a perspective thing.

We tend to get locked into our perspective of skydiving being the hottest shit, but in reality there are a lot of other really rad sports (let alone other facets) in life.