AggieDave

Texas Swoopers Meet 1 results

Today we completed meet 1 of the 2010 Texas Swoopers season. It was a success, it was fun and the competitors had fun. For the first time in two years, I was able to get off the ground from running the meet and got to actually jump and compete!

Turn out was lower for this meet then we've had in other meets, but we've had a lot of our normal swoopers say that they simply couldn't make it to this meet but would be at the other meets this season.

Due to a couple of issues that were out of our control the meet took a couple of hours to make the first round, so due to time constraints and available loads, we were only able to complete one round of distance and one round of speed, although we were able to complete both zone accuracy rounds.

Here is the overall ranking and scores:
1. David Lund 279.08
2. Daniel Carrol 253.87
3. Justin Price 209.94
4. Simon Bones 95.65

Although Simon is an accomplished freeflier and canopy pilot, this was his first swoop competition and he did very well. Everyone flew very well and it was a very enjoyable meet with incredibly perfect swooping conditions! (Light and variable to about 5mph winds, favoring a downwind course).

JP's distance run was 121.4 meters!

A special thanks to DZ.com's own BeachBum who worked hard to make the meet happen. He was our go-to ground guy, helping with the judging and keeping the course working through out the meet.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thanks for popping my swoop comp cherry Dave! I was definitely overdue to give it a whack.

I learned a lot about all the comp rules and point strategies. If only my 3rd Zone Acc attempt would have counted!!!
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

TOO good ... :P ... to the point of being totally boring ... [:/] The most excitement we got was trying to guess how far Dave would slide ... :PB| ... other than a toe or two dragging, all that nice water just gone to waste!!

As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?