simplechris

Queston about WL

I was curious as to how much a difference 1.15 to 1 is compared to 1.04 to 1 on the same canopy. I ask because I am currently loading a 210 9 cell at the 1.04 to 1 and I would load a 190 at the 1.15 to 1. I'm jumping a Pilot right now and I will be demoing a Pulse next weekend.

I was curious as to how much a difference 1.15 to 1 is compared to 1.04 to 1 on the same canopy. I ask because I am currently loading a 210 9 cell at the 1.04 to 1 and I would load a 190 at the 1.15 to 1. I'm jumping a Pilot right now and I will be demoing a Pulse next weekend.

There will be a difference, but not a huge difference.
You will likely enjoy the 190 more than the 210.

If you are asking is it okay for you to be jumping a 190? ... I am NOT going to bite. I say let the experienced canopy pilots around your local DZ give you that feed back. But before the canopy nazis jump in here, we are talking about a 190. It's not like some new person is asking if it is okay to be jumping a Stiletto 109. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I understand lol. I wasn't looking for an OK. I was just curious. I have indeed been told that I will enjoy it more and that it will actually perform better than the 210. The 210 is fun right now but as far as when I order something, everyone said that I would be happier if I ordered a 190. Btw that is coming from experienced canopy pilots that have watched me since jump 1. I plan on being on the 190 for awhile.

I have indeed been told that I will enjoy it more and that it will actually perform better than the 210.

My first canopy off of student status was a Triathlon 220. Then I got Sabre2 190 soon afterward and I enjoyed the 190 so much more. Now it's not a straight "apples-to-apples" comparison in my case. The Triathlon was a 7 cell canopy where the Sabre2 was a 9 cell. However I still liked the 190 so much more.

Play it smart and the 190 will be a good wing for you. Play it dumb and it does not matter what wing you are on, except that bigger wings can save you from your mistakes much easier than smaller wings will.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

My 1st canopy was a spectre 210 loaded a little over 1:1. About 75 jumps I got a Pilot 188 loaded about 1.2:1 and I loved it. That's a pretty close example to your situation. I'd tell you to go for it, you'll notice a difference but it won't be big.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52