blazetailman

Nor Cal Swoop Competition 2010 Schedule

Northern California Canopy Pilots Association
2010 Swoop Competition Season

Meet #1 Sat, May 8th, 2010
Meet #2 Sat June 5th, 2010
Meet #3 Sat, July 10th, 2010

Additional Dates pending.
All events hosted at Skydive Sacramento’s Swoop Park. 230’ x 60’ Pond, 27 acre High Performance landing area, full time courses.

Dual video timing system for speed ( don’t have one of the cool electronic timers yet, but this system is more accurate than one camera system. )

Classes
Pro 5’ Gates
Amateur 10’ Gates

Based on USPA National Rules
Speed
Distance
Zone Accuracy

Any volunteers/judges please send an email to [email protected] We are working to make this a paid day for your time.
Competitors please check back often for updates.

More info coming soon….

Working to promote safe HP canopy piloting and meets.

norcalcanopypilots.com
skydivesac.com
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

That's the hard part!

Al has it easier due to the number of participants. For me, I'm running Texas Swoopers at a loss and spending my own money to make each meet happen. I give the judges what I can and do it because of a passion!

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here. If you need anything that I may have, let me know. The last two weeks have been a little busy for me (a bit over 9lbs of life change will do that), but I am putting together a google-doc spreadsheet for scoring, after simply doing it by hand the last 2 seasons. Once I get it done, I'll share!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah I talked with Mr. Albert Bertchold last season getting the league started again here. It had about a 2 year lay off. Andy Demars organized before that did a great job with little turn out.

We had a slow start I think we averaged 5 per meet. Hope for a few more This year. I think the pond will help.

I'll give you a buzz and talk soon.
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

Will update the SDS Site tomorrow. Its a bit muddy all around the pond but a week ago it was starting to dry. This last bit of rain, well made the whole thing all wet, AGAIN.

Attached are pics. Thanks to Kurt Issel.

pg-pond-01 This was the first swoop on the pond with it half full. Yes, I'm buying the beer.

pg-pond-02 3rd run on the water after we filled 3/4 of the way. and rough pano of the whole swoop.

TJ made it out there and got a little muddy after getting out of the pond, someone else already has the first chow.

There is some minor things to improve on it, but it is a legit 230'x60'. That the biggest but a lot better than nothing.

I'll keep people update as the field dries out.
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

Hi Peter -

Will this be starting as scheduled this weekend? Any info on associated costs / jump ticket pricing for the comp.?

Thanks for any info or website you can direct me to.

Marcel
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Good luck with the meet this weekend Peter.
For all you nor-cal swoopers, get on out there and grow your league!! If you like canopy piloting, get your butt out there and make the league your own. CP meets can be infectiously fun. The world is run by people who show up!!

Your never to green to start learning.
Watch out for planters.

Good luck with the meet this weekend Peter.
For all you nor-cal swoopers, get on out there and grow your league!! If you like canopy piloting, get your butt out there and make the league your own. CP meets can be infectiously fun. The world is run by people who show up!!

Your never to green to start learning.

This is the truth.

Having competed in Texas since 2005 then taking the league over in 2008, I'll tell you that its fun and rewarding. People will be negative about how you run the league, but they're not running their own comps either! If you wait until someone else starts up a swoop league in your state or area, it will never happen. If you start it, then you'll get the chance to have one.

Al says "you're never to green to start learning." I say that "you're never too experienced to start competing and having fun!" Really accomplished "DZ swoopers" who have never competed have found that running gates and competing in the tradition three events are a significant challenge and personally rewarding.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yes, The Meet is on.

This Saturday, 9am. @ Skydive Sacramento
Working on cost for the league to cover basic expenses and would like to pay judges for their time.

Fine tuning the courses and the pond for the season.

Will have hop n pop prices and costs for the meet ASAP.

Anyone wanting to help volunteer and help out please email or PM.
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

Official Bulletin

2010 NCCPA Competition Season

Meet #1 Sat, May 8th, 2010

Meet 1, May 8th, Start time 9am Competitor Briefing then jumps. Please be on time. If you haven’t jumped this year at Skydive Sacramento, please arrive with enough time to fill out paperwork, waiver and gear check.

League Registration $20
Meet Fee $45 Members
Meet Fee $60 Non-Members

$14 hop n pops X 6 rounds

Registration monies goes toward supplies, trophies and potential of cash prize.

Classes
Pro 5’ Gates
Amateur 10’ Gates

Speed
Distance
Zone Accuracy

Meet Prizes:
1st Place $50 and 5 Hop n Pops
2nd Place $25 and 3 Hop n Pops
3rd Place 2 Hop n Pops

Top 2 of 3 events count toward overall league standings.

Overall Champion Prize

1st Place $250
2nd Place $75
3rd Place $25

Must be a NCCPA League Member to qualify for Overall Standings

Cash prize listed is MINIMUM. If there is a good turn out of competitors, portion of the meet fee will go to cash prize.

Any volunteers/judges please send an email to [email protected] We are working to make this a paid day for your time. Competitors please check back often for updates.

Pics of the courses coming soon….

NCCPA Working to promote safe HP canopy piloting and meets.

------------------------------------

“For all you Nor-Cal swoopers, get on out there and grow your league!! If you like canopy piloting, get your butt out there and make the league your own. CP meets can be infectiously fun. The world is run by people who show up!! You’re never to green to start learning. “

Albert Berchtold, Florida Canopy Piloting League Organizer

www.norcalcanopypilots.com
Event Host
www.skydivesac.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

Hey NorCal! Swoop Meet #2 is this weekend, June 5th, 2010 at Skydive Sacramento in Lincoln, CA.

We have 3 confirmed competitors. Would love to see even more of the NorCal Swoopers show up. Here is the info:

2010 NCCPA Competition Season

Meet #1 Sat, May 8th, 2010 - Completed

Meet 2, June 5th, Start time 9am Competitor Briefing then jumps. Please be on time. If you haven’t jumped this year at Skydive Sacramento, please arrive with enough time to fill out paperwork, waiver and gear check.

League Registration $20
Meet Fee $45 Members
Meet Fee $60 Non-Members

$14 hop n pops X 6 rounds

Registration monies goes toward supplies, trophies and potential of cash prize.

Classes
Pro 5’ Gates
Amateur 10’ Gates

Speed
Distance
Zone Accuracy

Meet Prizes:
1st Place $50 and 5 Hop n Pops
2nd Place $25 and 3 Hop n Pops
3rd Place 2 Hop n Pops

Top 2 of 3 events count toward overall league standings.

Overall Champion Prize

1st Place $250
2nd Place $75
3rd Place $25

Must be a NCCPA League Member to qualify for Overall Standings

Cash prize listed is MINIMUM. If there is a good turn out of competitors, portion of the meet fee will go to cash prize.

Any volunteers/judges please send an email to [email protected] We are working to make this a paid day for your time. Competitors please check back often for updates.

Pics of the courses coming soon….

NCCPA Working to promote safe HP canopy piloting and meets.

“For all you Nor-Cal swoopers, get on out there and grow your league!! If you like canopy piloting, get your butt out there and make the league your own. CP meets can be infectiously fun. The world is run by people who show up!! You’re never to green to start learning. “

Albert Berchtold, Florida Canopy Piloting League Organizer
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Big thanks to Skydive Sacramento for hosting the NCCPA Meet #2. The weather was perfect for swooping and made for a lot of fun. The results are as follows:

1st Place - Stefan Burstrom, 442.02
2nd Place - Marcel Pomerleau, 379.06
3rd Place - Peter Galli, 355.07

Raw Scores - 2 rounds each. (speed, distance, accuracy)

Stefan Burstrom - 5.03s, 3.93s, X, 273', 54, 61
Marcel Pomerleau - 4.07s, 4.27s, 225', X, 69, X
Peter Galli - X, X, 259', 297', 38, 67

It was a very fun meet overall. Hopefully we can expand participation in the future. Should have some photos up on the NCCPA website soon.
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.