mar.rei

JVX 69 - can someone tell me anything about the opening? Someone out there who fly this size of canopy?

Martin I hope you base your canopy selection on more then just how the canopy opens....the jvx and velo are two different wings which fly, open, and require different pilot inputs. The velo doesn't open as nicely as the jvx. The jvx has a lot more power on rears. In slow flight the velo out performs the jvx by far, including easier the shutdown the canopy on no wind days were the jvx requires some running or sliding. These are all my personal opinions based on my personal experience. So please make your decision on more then just how the canopy opens.....especially since this is such a small wing.....once again I personally reccomend a bigger wing then a 69.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are better canopies out there for normal fun/work jumps when you have a camera strapped to your head. It's important for working camera fliers (tandem or 4-way) to be able to make the next load. Anytime you fly such a high performance canopy you know the chances for malfunctions are increased.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're probably barking up the wrong tree with the JVX

Bottom line; jump a high performance parachute, expect high performance openings. If you have a lot of gear on your head I would stay away from any x-braced.

I would not recommend going to a full sail JVX if this is going to be a regular skydive parachute as packing is a pain in the ass, and the pack volume is significantly larger. This is not a regular skydive parachute and should not be treated this way.

I have about 50 video jumps on a all zp jvx75 shooting video

I put 300 video jumps and 100 aff jumps on my all sail jvx69

Also have about 100 video jumps with an all sail jvx63.

My personal opinion is that you jump a bigger velo, or bigger all zp jvx, or a neos.

So please make your decision on more then just how the canopy opens.....especially since this is such a small wing.....once again I personally reccomend a bigger wing then a 69.

what about riggers that swoop?

or jump tfx285's

nah your right, we know nothing.

to the OP - email address in your inbox with the contact details of Michael Vaughan, Australian CP who flies a JVX 69 (all sail from memory)

He will be able to give you sensible replies from personal experience.

@ rhys ..... the diplomat as always :P

I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

what about riggers that swoop?

or jump tfx285's

nah your right, we know nothing.

to the OP - email address in your inbox with the contact details of Michael Vaughan, Australian CP who flies a JVX 69 (all sail from memory)

He will be able to give you sensible replies from personal experience.

@ rhys ..... the diplomat as always :P

thx for your reply!
Blue skies!
Skydivezone.at