dan7the1man1

New Risers

I ordered a new pair of Mirage risers with the cable in the swoop loop, and i noticed that after i attached them that i wasn't able to pull my slider down over the loops. Anyone experienced this before. i emailed mirage but i have to wait till tomorrow for a response i just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen to them.

Dan

not able to or not capable of?

it does become harder, but shouldn't be impossible depending on the grommet size on your slider

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I bought the same risers and had the same problem with them. I realized this fault on the ground. Fortuatnatly and I also had a similar problem with another PD canopy on risers that struggled. Another jumper told me that PD's gromets can be smaller than usual and is therefor more difficult to place the slider behind my head.

I fixed the problem by working the risers on the ground through the slider on Wed, and left them on the area where the loops are situated till friday, when i jumped on Sat with them they were still a bit difficult but I could move them relatively easily

The jvx sliders and para concepts rss rings were the tightest on the risers.

I use JVX and paraconcepts, I did have the same issue using my vector risers. The brake excess stow was the problem. The stow closest to the bulk of the break settings was making that section too thick. I now only stow the excess in the bottom stow away from the bulk and the rings slide over easily.

This may or may not be a factor in other people's experiences.

i can't imagine how aweful it would be, to be unable to get the grommets over the front risers!:S
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Speaking of Grommet Size............how about material.

I'm hearing from some folks with RDS systems at my DZ, complaining about the stainless steel grommets. Apparently their weight is knocking out their toggles on deployement.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Are there any other materials that are being used?